58

Early on the next morning, with his superb acting skills, Chen Ming got up and washed up as if nothing happened.

Zhou Nan didn’t say anything until he went out for breakfast.

When Chen Ming came back, he was holding a box of milk in his hand, and sipping it innocently like a kid. He walked in, and sat on the bench lazily, acting like he had got nothing to hide at all.

Zhou Nan, who had been suspicious of his sound sleep last night, took a few more looks at him.

Chen Ming felt his gaze and asked, “Why, I got something on my face?”

“No, no…” Zhou Nan avoid the eye contact, and what he was thinking about was all written on his face, “Last night… I confessed love to that person.” He was smart enough to pay attention to Chen Ming’s expression as soon as he finished his words.

Unfortunately, Chen Ming was experienced. He didn’t even blink his eyes and asked, “Then what? What’s the reaction?”

“Then…” Zhou Nan lowered his eyes, feeling relieved and also very disappointed, “Nothing happened then. I said it while he was sleeping, so he probably didn’t hear it.”

Chen Ming chuckled, “That didn’t count as a confession. It’s just like holding a paper full of that person’s name and frantically reading it, which is effort-consuming and useless. I suggest you just find another opportunity to summon your courage and confess to that person directly.”

After saying this, he regretted immediately. It was too much. What if Zhou Nan really confessed to him directly, wouldn’t it be…

Was it possible that he was actually looking forward to Zhou Nan’s confession of love?

This was not good.

Zhou Nan blushed and kept his mouth closed.

“How about helping you to go into that person’s dream?”

Zhou Nan shook his head right away, like a rattle, “That doesn’t work for him, it’s useless.” Of course it was useless. How could someone help others to go into his own dream?

Chen Ming saw that Zhou Nan no longer doubted him, so he knew that he had achieved the goal. He laughed and forgot about this matter.

Thinking of the old Li Muquan’s graveyard that he saw yesterday, he felt it was probably time to tell the old man the good news.

Chen Ming looked around for his phone. He craned his neck for a long time and found it on the other side of the room. He was too lazy to stand up, “Zhou Nan, do me a favor, hand me the phone, please. Thank you a thousand times.”

Zhou Nan said OK, and before he picked it up, the phone rang. He looked at the caller and froze right on the spot.

Chen Ming saw that Zhou Nan stopped moving, so he asked, “Who’s calling?”

Zhou Nan looked at him and looked down at the phone again, looking a little awkward. While Chen Ming was confused, Zhou Nan realized that his reaction was somehow strange. He secretly scolded himself, then grabbed the phone, approached Chen Ming and replied, “It’s Bai Yiyi.”

Then Chen Ming was stunned. He was astonishingly flustered, not by Bai Yiyi’s call but by Zhou Nan’s reaction. After thinking for a short while, he hung up and looked at Zhou Nan.

Zhou Nan was a little awkward and didn’t know what to say.

“I guess she dialed the wrong number. I’ll report back to Li Muquan about the work first.” Chen Ming eased the atmosphere by just a few words.

At that time, there was only the beeping sound from the phone in the room.

Soon, Li Muquan answered the call and greeted Chen Ming, “Master!”

“Don’t call me master. I am flattered.” That greeting gave Chen Ming a headache, “I’ve seen your graveyard. Feng Shui is good. You can rest assured.”

“Please, tell me more about it.” Li Muquan was obviously worried.

Chen Ming thought “You wouldn’t know if I’m making it up or not even if I tell you”, but he still answered, “The geomancy is too complicated for you to understand. I’ll just tell you about the Feng Shui. That mountain is the only high one surrounded by the other mountains nearby, and it’s called “The General’s Mountain”. Furthermore, there is a big lake 300 meters below that place, which would not dry out throughout the year. The graveyard has got the mountain in the back and the lake in the front. In the ancient times, it was said that this would make your future generations become generals and commanders.”

Li Muquan on the other end of the phone didn’t understand at all. He only felt that Chen Ming had spoken a lot and finally ended on the “generals and commanders”. This was enough to make him smile, “We don’t expect to have that great fortune. Safety and happiness are the most important things. Thank you, Master!”

“Bro, you’re welcome. Then, that’s it. If there’s any problem, come to me anytime and I’ll give you a discount.”

“Surely, surely, of course!”

Chen Ming didn’t say anything more. He hung up the phone, and then sighed deeply. This job was done. In conclusion, it was just 300 yuan for a life.

At that moment, the phone rang again. Chen Ming thought that it was Li Muquan who had not finished saying something. So he didn’t think much, and answered the phone, “Hey, what’s up?”

But there was no one talking on the other side, only some restrained gasps.

“Hello?” Chen Ming was confused, so he took the phone off and reconfirmed the caller.

The three words “Bai Yiyi” were clearly displayed on the screen.

This young lady really knew how to cause trouble.

Zhou Nan looked at Chen Ming’s stunned face and had guessed out who the caller was. He had a strong urge to grab the phone, throw it on the ground and end the call. But he knew in his heart that he was not qualified to do so and could only grit his teeth and restrain the possessive desire.

Chen Ming felt the ardent gaze. He was no fool. He really wanted to pinch his thighs at that moment, because he should have blacklisted her.

However, he had already answered the call, and it was a bit impolite to hang up without saying anything.

Chen Ming paused for a second and deliberately asked sneeringly, “Yo, Miss Bai, how can I help you?”

“Chen Ming.” A vaguely audible cry came from the phone.

“Cut the crap. We’ve known each other for a long time. Just say what you want. We can talk, except for borrowing money.” After saying that, in order to disguise the tension, Chen Ming took a sip of the milk.

However, Bai Yiyi’s next words just made him spit the milk out.

“I’m pregnant.”