25

"Happy Anniversary!" The three kids called as they walked into their fathers room. Zachary and Eleanor ran over holding handmade cards in their grip.

Michael followed holding a tray in his hands. He set it in between his father's as he sat on the end. "We made french toast."

The twins took turns cutting pieces off and feeding their fathers. Eleanor grabbed the napkin and wiped at their faces. "All cean!" She smiled as her dad pulled her into his side placing a kiss on her temple.

Zachary sat on his papa's lap focused on piercing the blueberry with his fork.

"Do you need help kiddo?"

"I got it!" He cried as he finally got the round berry onto the prong of his fork. "I DID IT!" He yelled throwing his arms up in victory.

Tubbo gave him a squeeze. "Good job Zach."

Michael placed a small box on the tray. "The terrors helped me pick it out." He said sheepishly rubbing a hand on the back of his neck.

The father smiled opening the box. Two small keychains laid side by side. When together it made a heart, on both sides had three small birthstones with three names engraved on the plate. When it was turned over it read "I love you for infinity and ever." A saying they repeated with their eldest since he could speak.

The men stood rushing to their son throwing their arms around him into a spine crushing hug. 

"It's perfect bud. Thank you."

-

The family spent the day lounging around their home and watching videos from their wedding.

"I was so happy to marry dad but it was hard. My father wasn't there to "give me away", it was a difficult day for both of us but it was the most beautiful day. We danced for hours, talked, laughed, it was the perfect day to vow our love for one another."

Michael was in awe. One day he'd hope to have a love for his partner the same way his papa loves his dad.

-

"Finish up your homework and then off to bed bud." Tubbo said from the doorway.

Michael set his pencil down looking at his papa. "Papa?"

"Yes bud?"

"It's us against the world right?"

In that moment Tubbo was reminded of how old his son was. He smiled at his ten year old. "Always bud. It's papa and Michael forever."

"Okay, good. Goodnight papa. I love you to infinity and ever."

"Infinity and ever bud." The man smiled. "I love you bud."

And he kept his word, it was always Papa and Michael.

--------------------------------

This was not the ending I wanted but the ending I needed. I felt like I had more to write but this, this is the perfect ending.

Thank you to everyone who has been on this journey with me. I hope you'll stay tuned for my future endeavors.

<33