♣️16.

ABANDONED PLACE
10:00 P.M.
" Why didn't you tell me it was you kept the knife there . I would have never used it as a proof " Vikram shouted at a person irritated .
" Calm down. I didn't know that girl would find the real knife. " The man stood up and glared at Vikram .
" You were supposed to steal the knife that had kundrra' fingerprints from her . "
" Yeah , but your plan was flop like you . That's why she found the real knife " Vikram taunted
" We were supposed to kill two birds with one stone. She wouldn' have gone looking for real knife and you would have won the case if the proof was considered valid " The another man grunted .

*

*******

********

********

TEJASSWI'S OFFICE
10:00 A.M

"Did you find out about the owner of the vehicle that snatched the proofs ? " Teja asked rohit . Her eyes on her mac screen, eyebrows knit in concentration .

"No. I'll get it in a few hours ." He replied . He went to leave but stopped as he heard teja

" Find out about recent happenings in life of Nandish Bahl . " She ordered him
Rohit frowned .

" Nandish Bahl ? Rashami's ex husband ? " Rohit asked confused
" How's he related ? "

" He was there at the last hearing , hiding at the back . Also , get me his phome number ASAP " Rohit nodded .

********
POILCE STATION
12:00 P.M

"Abhishek , I need a favour " Teja sat infront of a good friend , Abhishek Verma , IPS Officer .

" You don't need to ask Teja . You have helped me with a lot of cases . I owe you this one " A constable came and kept snacks and drinks on the table.

" so ? " He raised his eyebrows to know what help did she want .

"Right" She sat up and straight and cleared her throat . " I am suspecting someone from the staff of hotel has helped the murderer . I need you to interrogate . " She took out a file that contained all the details .

" Maybe the ones working that night might even have left job . I am not sure. But without the help of someone from the hotel, the culprit couldn't have wscaped easily " She explained him .

" I 'll look itno it . It may take time " He looked at t file and then at her .

********
OUTSIDE POLICE STATION

Teja stepped out and unlocked her phone to see a few messages from rohit regarding other cases . She walked while replying to Rohit . She was so engrossed in phone she didn't realise she bumped into someone . She looked up only to get surprised .

" You ? What are you doing here ? " She frowned

" They called me to take my fingerprints again " He shrugged . She wanted to strangle him right now

"  Why did you not tell me you are called and why did you come here alone " She gritted her teeth in annoyance

" What ? Ab i have to inform you before doing these simple things " He asked confused . He didn't understand her reaction.

" No Karan , you idiot !. I am your lawyer , you shouldn't have come here without me ." She threw her hands up in air in frustration . " Nevermind . Their fault too . They should have contacted me but they didn't "

" What's the big deal Teja . Why are you getting so hyper about such a small thing . " He could't understand what was the big deal . He came , he gave fingerprints and now he was leaving .

" You don't ubderstand. What if  they are misused . Why would they want your fingerprints again ? What if it is somehow used against us in the court . Then ? " She shouted irritated .

" Anything wrong ? " They both turned to see Abhishek standing there . Karan didn't know who he was and replied
" No"
"Yes" They both said at the same time and Abhishek looked to and fro between them . He raised his brows waiting for an answer .

" Abhishek can you please check with the authority if the call for fingerprints of Mr Karan Kundrra was genuine or not ? " she didn't want to take any risk . Karan looked at at the guy as he nodded and left .

" You need to trust me a little more teja " He said , his voice edgy . Teja froze listening to the same words again.  Karan glanced at her and realised what he said .Reminses of past flashed in their minds .

Teja gulped and looked away while Karan stared intensly at her .

'So she does remember ' He thought bitterly . Both waited there in awkward silence till Abhishek came back .

" Teja i checked . It was geniune . They lost the previous data so called him again " He explained the situation and took his leave .  Karan gave her a victorious smirk and she did not meet his eyes embarrassed .

She walked away to her car but stopped and looked back to see him still standing there .
" Are you not going home " She shouted a little  from her position after deciding for a few minutes if she should ask ot not .

" I am booking a cab . My car's still at the mechanic's " He replied and looked back the phone to book a cab

" Come .I'll drop you " She instantly bit her tongue . She didn't know why did that . Her mind screamed for her to stay away and reminded hee she was supposed to hate him . She shrugged all the thoughts .

" No , Thanks" He said curtly .After being so rude , she was offering  help . What kind of dual personality  did she have ?

" You sure cannot digest kindness right ? " She quipped .

" No . Not from you " He snapped

" Come on .  Looking at your inpatience  , i know you are running late . " She didn't know why she was desperately  trying to get him to accept the offer . maybe at the back of mind she wanted to pay for being rude to him

" Fine " He sighed and walked to the passenger seat . He really was getting late . He was suppoesd to be at Jessica's place an hour ago .

" Drop me at Jess's house " He said once they settled in the car . She nodded and started the car .

********

Vote and comment down your feedbacks . Also , silent readers It just takes a second to press the star button !

Thankyou !