AWAKE : SIXTEEN

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

"Who the hell are you? Leave me alone!" Irene shouts while trying to get away from Jihyo's grasp. They just keep fighting, completely oblivious to the three guys now stalking towards them.

What will I do? Those men are too big. I can't fight them. I would definitely be put in extreme danger if I tried to stop them..

But ... What about them? I can't leave them in the hands of those men. I need to do something.

I look around, desperately trying to find something—anything—that can help me rescue my companions from their untimely end. Then I saw a metal pole that had a length like my arms. I quickly picked it up.

The men only have a few steps towards Nayeon, but no one still notices the huge men. They're too busy arguing to notice that they're about to be put in a grave situation.

I held the metal pole tightly, and without thinking about the consequences, I ran towards them. With a battle cry, I immediately smacked the metal pole in one of the three guys' heads.

As soon as the pole hit the guy's head, I immediately felt the intense impact because of how hard I smacked the guy's head. Because of that, I accidentally let go of the metal pole. When I hear it clatter on the ground just inches away from my feet, my mind immediately clears, and that's when I realize what I have done.

The guy I just smacked awhile ago slowly turned his head at me. His bloodshot eyes are the only parts of him I can see. As his blazing gaze starts to focus on me, I feel pure, unrestrained fear.

Uh-oh.

His companions also look at me, and like him, their eyes are also bloodshot. Oh, man. They're terrifying.

When you are being surrounded by three huge and violent guys with no one to help you, there are only two things that you can choose to do. Well, the logical choice, at least. The first one is fight, and the other is flight. But in my case, I did neither.

I just stood in front of them, like a useless, pathetic girl that I am. Of course, I need to defend my actions here. First, I am scared. Terrified, even. My whole body is paralyzed with fear, and I know that one wrong move could cost me my life. Second, I can't possibly defeat them. They're huge. I can practically see their bulging muscles through their shirts.

Earlier, I was stupid enough to think that I can sacrifice my own life for the sake of my companions. But now, I realized that I can't. I'd like to keep myself alive. Thank you very much.

I look away from the eyes of those guys and look at my companions. They're not fighting anymore. They are all looking at me, and shock is all over their faces.

I just stood there, racking my brain for a decent plan that could save me and my companions. I know that at any time, these guys can crush my skull using only their bare hands. I know I can't compare myself to them when it comes to physical strength. I need to use my wits.

I return my gaze towards Nayeon and Mina's direction. They're just standing there, looking at me, getting taunted by three big guys. I want to shout at them, to tell them that they need to run right now. I even used my eyes to send a signal, but they just look at me with confused expressions.

Idiots.

For sure, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Tzuyu have already met Dahyun and Chaeyoung. They're waiting for us at the back of B.M, and until now, they don't have any idea what's happening to us.

I need a distraction.

And I need it fast.

As soon as an idea pops in my head, I didn't hesitate. I just act.

I point my index finger at the back of the three guys. I put on a scared expression, pretending to see something. I just hope that I'm convincing enough.

"B-Behind you!" I shouts, and my voice actually sounds terrified. Good.

This is the stupidest plan that I've ever conducted, and I didn't expect it to work.

But, surprisingly, it did.

The three guy look at their back, and that's the only distraction that I need. I quickly run towards at my companions while shouting, "Run! Run, you idiots!" But they just look at me like I'm crazy.

Ugh!

"Snap out of it!" I yelled. They just start to move when I'm closer to them. We all run towards Blue Moon at full speed, only slowing down to close the door behind us. We run straight to the kitchen area.

I quickly spotted Tzuyu, trying to open a closed door at the back.

"It won't open," Momo says to me, nervous. "We already tried everything. It just won't open."

"Where's Dahyun and Chaeyoung?" I asks.

"We're here," I heard Chaeyoung answer from the other side of the door. "The door's jammed. We can't open it without the right equipment."

Shit.

"What are we going to do now?" Nayeon asks. I ignore her.

I walk towards the door. "Listen, Dahyun... There's three huge men who's chasing us right now," I say. As if on cue, we heard loud noise. It sounds like glass shattering.

Fuck. They broke already the front doors. Well, I'm not surprise because of how big they are....of course, they can break it using their bare hands.

I immediately pull out my cellphone and open the flashlight. I tried to find any weapon, bit there's nothing.

Shit. Freaking shit. I hope I didn't let go the metal pole earlier. I'm an idiot.

The kitchen door suddenly burst open, and the three guys walk in. I felt Mina's hand at my left hand.

My whole body sags, and I let out a breath of resignation.

We're going to die here.