The Police and Mafia run away in horror

Poke. Poke.

Momonga poked the naked body floating in the filthy swamp-water with a long stick, just in case it was some sort of trap.

The naked, dead body of Sona Sitri was indeed dead.

Rave let muffled sounds as she stared at the interaction from her place next to a crooked tree, where Momonga had plopped the tied-up and gagged girl.

'...Why is she here?' Momonga recalled the girl from the student council room of Kuoh. 'Rias seems fond of her, and she's apparently Serafall's sister... Could it be that she came after Serafall and got ambushed and killed? Serafall isn't around, however...'

Momonga focused on the fairy he had created and indeed, did not find it in the Underworld, meaning that it had likely moved itself to some other plane of existence. The same seemed to have happened to the Elder Lich as well, or it had been killed as the thread of the undead creature was not present either.

Still, neither piece of information helped Momonga decide what to do about the body floating in the gross water. 'Should I just leave her here? I could just claim that she had floated nearby... Although I imagine Serafall would be quite crass with me if I did that. The least I should do is to keep her body with me so I can present it to her...'

He thought about the web of possibilities opening for him with a corpse belonging to the sister of such a powerful entity. 'She could be useful for experiments, and I could get another powerful servant if I summoned an undead creature into her body, like turning her into another Elder Lich, but... If Serafall finds out, I'll instantly ruin my reputation with her. Resurrecting Sona as part of my Peerage would have merits, though, since I still have a few Pieces left... That'd give me a hostage against Serafall just in case.'

Momonga brought out a Pawn piece, one of his four remaining ones, and placed it against the dead body. He didn't feel a 'number' from the dead body, but he guesstimated that Pawn might be enough- if not, he could just add three more just in case she was stronger than he thought she'd be.

Nothing happened, however, and the trend continued when Momonga brought out his three remaining Pawns. 'Hm? The body's rejecting the Piece?'

Momonga thought back on his experiences with the Pieces and came across the memory of Serafall's eyes bulging out as she tried to 'recruit' Momonga with her Knight Piece, but failed because Momonga was a 'King' already. 'Is 'Peerage system' tied to one's soul? So even if she's dead, she won't cease to be 'King' even if she's no longer alive?'

He recalled 'Riser's Peerage and their King-lessness, but also recalled that he had used [True Death] on Riser Phenix when he had first arrived in the world he now found himself in, which he guessed had destroyed the man's soul- assuming what Ddraig had told Momonga of his spell's effects had been correct. Thus, he felt quite justified in calling his theory 'likely to be correct', which also meant Sona was beyond resurrection via Pieces.

With one plan foiled, Momonga considered his next step all the while ignoring the muffled sounds that came from Ravel's direction. 'I could use [Wand of Resurrection] next, but they're consumable items and I don't have infinite supply of them either... [True Resurrection] would work as well, I think, but I'd have to equip a ring that blocks some of my other abilities until I can take the ring off... Using [True Resurrection] would require the [Ring of Holy Priests] that would in turn disable all of my Overlord- and Necromancy-related abilities and spells for a duration, which means I won't be using that unless absolutely necessary...'