Chapter 27: The fight no one heard.

Get your tissues ready <3

Chongyun was ecstatic, he was ready for the banquet. He was ready to close the year off with the boy he loves and the girls who are almost like sisters to him by now.

Outfit check.
Hair check.
Good mood check.
Hype check.
Good smell check.

Xingqiu's favourite flowers check.

Yeah yeah this was a banquet but he didn't care, besides Xingqiu had a driver who could take the flowers home for him and then he'll have a nice bouquet of flowers waiting for him.

He was almost at the school when he got a phone call from Hu Tao.
He picked it up

"Hu Tao? What is it?"

-Can you please be my date for the banequet?-

"Wait- what??- but- I'm going with Xingq-"

-No you aren't.-

"What-"

-Let me finish!!.-

Chongyun was startled, her voice was shaking and angry, was she crying? What's going on??. Worry started to overcome his mind as he waited for her to continue.

-I'm sorry, I'm just. I'm just so, devastated right now..-

"It's okay just- what's going on?"

-Xingqiu and Xiangling are together now.-

"Wait what!?-."

Now it was Chongyun's turn to be furious, what did she mean they were together!? Xiangling was dating Hu Tao and Xingqiu was dating him!!.

-I was just as shocked as you are.. Apperantly, they got together because of business. I saw them out together one day, holding hands and everything besides kissing. And as a natural reaction I questioned them about it. They pulled me away to talk privately and they said his father arranged them to become a couple. In theory they were trying to fight it off. But, they acted so seriously about their relationship even when they were alone with me. He was holding her waist.. and she was leaning on him..-

"N-no.. you're. You're joking-, right!?."

-I, I wish I was.-

They were both at the verge of crying, their breathing heavy their voices cracking, words stuttered and repeated.
They settled on meeting up at the entrance and talking to those two asap.

So Chongyun reached the school and waited, while he was waiting he saw something he really didn't want to.
Xingqiu, walking inside with his arm wrapped around Xiangling's.

They were talking, smiling, laughing, then Chongyun's heart skipped a beat, but in a bad way.

Xingqiu looked right at him, and they stopped for a moment.
His beautiful golden amber eyes darting between the flowers in his hand and his face, he tore his gaze away, pulling Xiangling inside.

Chongyun took a deep, shaky breath, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. These two words kept repeating inside his head.
Someone hugged him tightly from behind.
Hu Tao clung to him like if he was gonna disappear, he turned around, wrapping his arms around her and the tears started streaming down on both of their faces.
It took them minutes before they could finally call down enough and go inside together.

Crowd, loud music, noise, figures everywhere. Tables at the side filled with food. Magical decors. Everything to ensure everyone is having fun.

Except these two.

Their eyes darting around, searching for their "lovers".

Hu Tao firmly gripped Chongyun's hand when they saw them, she was shocked, and angry.

They were dancing around like if they've been together their whole life.

"Xingqiu?.."

The light haired boy asked in disbelief, they had no reason to act in here, even if he couldn't be all lovey dovey with him but there was no need to act like he's together with Xiangling..

The navy haired spun around, startled, like if he'd been caught or something.

"Yun-yun-, I know how it lo-"

"You don't give a fuck about how it looks!. If you did you wouldn't be acting around in a private area which is the school!. You have no reason to act all romantic in here yet you do!.
And you know what makes angers me the most!?. The goddamn fact that you DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ME ANYTHING!."

"Yun- please-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT XINGQIU."

The bookworm flinched, the way he said his name was so cold, so harsh, so.. hurt. And he didn't use the nickname that he usually did. He looked down, not daring to meet his the other boy's angry and freezing cold eyes.

Xiangling was hiding behind him, holding onto his arm for support, she felt like she was gonna faint any second from the overwhelming wave of tension and stress that dawned on her all of a sudden.

While Hu Tao crossed her arms, looking at them, her eyes having nothing but emptiness and disappointment.

"You deserve this. You two should've at least broke up with us beforehand. And You."
She pointed at Xingqiu with pure hatred now flooding her face
"You made a promise. A promise to never let him down. Remember?. When he was in a coma. You promised to never leave him if he woke up. But you did. You couldn't even keep the most important promise you made."

She shoved them to the side, dragging Chongyun out of the main hall, over to the small empty corridors.

"Come on please don't cry. We have to hold out till the wedding. After that we can let lose, Qiu-" Xiangling said with a sad voice, reaching a hand to try and comfort the other.

SMACK

"Don't touch me. And don't call me that." Xingqiu said slapping her hand away. He was crying, he wasn't facing Xiangling but she could tell from the way he was shaking and his cracking, quiet voice.

She wanted to cry as well, she wanted to scream and run after Hu Tao. But, she couldn't, they had to hold out before they could fix things. They had no choice.

Xingqiu went off to the restroom, locking himself up in a stall and letting his tears flow uncontrollably.

-Flashback-

"You're gonna marry Xiangling Mao, you two are already close so I trust that this will cause no problems. Right?."

"But father I-"

"Don't. Talk. Back. You will be with her and that is final, Mr. Chef Mao agreed."

"She's like a sister to me!-"

"I. Don't. Care. Better than kissing that friend of yours. Chongyun was it?. It makes my blood boil to think that you were kissing a boy out in public like if it's nothing!."

Every color was drained off of Xingqiu's face, how did he know about that?. Who told him?. When?.

A picture was put infront of him, it was indeed him and Chongyun, kissing, in public. It was from their date in the park.

"So. Any objections?. Fag?."

He stayed silent, he wanted to go against his father, make him realize what he's saying to his kid right now. But he didn't dare, he can't drag Chongyun into the risk of his father's wrath. So he just hung his head low and shook it.

"Good. The wedding will be next year due to preparations. And you'll propose to Xiangling next week. Now go to sleep. She'll also be your date to the banequet tomorrow."