Chapter 20. Memories and Tears

I'm sorry, this might be a sad chapter.

Harry's POV

That night, I couldn't sleep. The forever haunting deaths of the war terrorised me with every teeny movement. And seeing that history might repeat itself, made me blink back warm tears of fear and anguish. I hated it. Hated it. Hermione always said that "hate" was a strong word, but this was probably a necessary time to use it.

Tears openly flowed from my eyes as I thought of all the deaths that happened in the battle, and now all I wanted was to curl up in a dark corner and black out. I slapped my cheeks hard as I realised that all of the deaths were caused by me. By me. It was just so- just so painful to realise that of I didn't even exist, most of the deaths would not have happened.

As I dozed off, I dreamt of harmony, dreamt of peace, dreamt of happiness, and when I woke up in the morning, I almost felt like I wanted to stay in my dream forever.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Dumbledore's words crossed my mind and I teared up again.

Dreams are dreams.

They can't actually exist.

There is no universe that is filled with harmony, peace and happiness.

One day, you have to separate.

One day, you have to fight.

One day, you have to cry.

I sat down, my wet face buried in my arms, letting the truth ruthlessly sink in.

"It's okay, Harry."

"Luna?" I wiped away my tears.

"Harry, it's okay." Luna repeated. I noticed that her eyes were also wet.

"We're still here. We're still fighting. We're still with you. We still believe in you." Luna murmured.

"It's just hard... to realise that... that... I caused all these deaths." I finally whispered.

"Don't blame yourself. Those souls are smiling in heaven. It was their noble choice." She looked at me, tear tracks glittering on her alabaster cheeks.

"Yeah..." I murmured.

"Don't blame yourself, Harry." Luna hugged me. "Don't blame anybody. If anyone has responsibility, it's the person who actually started it. At least he payed the price. He's now suffering a endless torture up there." Luna looked up.

I looked at her.

"I know."

And for the first time in days, my face broke into a smile.