Chapter 22. Lord Vadàdécès

Ginny's POV

"Obitus Mortem." Draco grasped my hand and said the password. We glided silently through the heavy silver gates.

I opened the door, which creaked, echoing dismally into the silence. I chanced a glance at Draco, but he remained poised and haughty.

We swept through the dark corridor, heavily bolted doors on either side of us. The flickering torches casted eerily dancing shadows on the walls.

Finally, Draco halted. He reached out a hand and knocked seven times on the door.

"Enter." A high, cold, silky voice sounded from inside the room.

Draco extended a shaking hand again, and slowly twisted the doorknob.

I gasped.

The room was enchanted to be ten times more spacious, and in the middle, a table rivalling those of the Great Hall stretched across the room, with dozens of masked people sitting in seats.

"Sit." The cold voice came from a figure sitting at the top of the table, hidden by the shadows, and the pure stillness of the air seemed to make my heart quiver.

Draco and I sat down gingerly onto wooden chairs next to each other.

"Ah, young Malfoy has recruited?" The shadowed figure laughed a cold, hard laugh.

"Yes." Draco replied. His hand clutched onto mine.

"And who is this?" The figure jerked his hand, pointing to me. I swallowed.

"I am Ginerva Weasley." I said.

A murmur went along the table. "Weasley?" "The blood traitors?" I caught glimpses the conversation rounding the table.

The figure waved its hands, and the table fell silent again.

"Weasley, you say?" It laughed coldly. "Sorry, Draco, but we do not accept Blood Traitors into our midst."

"My Lord, the girl has changed. She has turned to the Dark side of pure vengeance and hatred of Potter. She aims to defeat him, using her close relationship between them as advantage." Draco said quickly.

"Hmm...I trust you, dear Draco. I shall believe in you. Welcome, welcome!" The figure slowly came forward, and removed its cloak.

A gasp sounded from around the table.

The figure's skin was a ghostly white. It was so pale that for a second I thought I was staring at some chalk. But what intrigued me the most were the eyes. The blood red eyes was filled with a deadened, haunting look, and the skin around it was quite papery. The pupils were jet black, and so sinister that it would send a shiver down your spine if you stared at it. His hands were long and skeletal, and all the veins that were protruding were pure black.

"I am Lord Vadàdécès."