Vol. 1 Chapter 15: Intelligence gathering

Town of Palt

It's been an hour since the battle ended. The high ranking folks, currently busy doing the post processing, including how to deal with the fate of 15 mercenaries and adventurers whom defected to the bandits.

Meanwhile, me, I've been busily repairing my destroyed rifle. The axe of bandit literally crushed the upper half of my rifle, it looks hopeless.

After patching but utterly failed to make it workable again, I gone towards the inn to pay the damages I've caused earlier.

Upon returning, there's no people. It's empty, probably they are still hiding somewhere.

"There's no bandits remained here. You can go expose yourself folks." (Liam)

No one answered.

"Hello pizza delivery." (Liam)

My Infrared vision was activated and scanned the surroundings but Indeed there's no people who'll going to answer, this is basically deserted place.

"Where the hell are they?." (Liam)

"They are not here, they gone to the centre of this town." (?)

Someone answered and I didn't know who is he. He looks a mercenary or an adventurer, I can't discern which one.

"Is that so?." (Liam)

I didn't see them there, probably I didn't notice coz I immediately runaway. But I took noticed, he was closing on me. I take a combat stance as precautionary measures

".... What you're doing?." (Liam)

"Nothing? There's no need to be alarmed, I just wanted to see a close up of the person who defeated the strong bandit." (?)

Is that guy a bandit on the first place? He is too strong, that guy probably or exclusively hired to eliminate sistiene. Even so, In comparison, Adel is a little bit slower than that guy, even though he is acclaimed holy knight.

"Is it uncomfortable?." (?)

"Not really." (Liam)

I walked passed on him and proceed towards the carriages on the outskirts of the town to get my supplies and loadout. I don't really need to be polite towards the strangers, so I ignored him.

Once I got my loadout, I returned on the inn just to see it relatively Unhabited. I resorted to turn my sleep mode outside.

Morning

Under the shade of old withering tree someone called me.

"The mercenary Liam is here?." (?)

The heck ? Early in the morning someone shouting my name?

"Mercenary Liam I'd like to ask to show yourself!." (?)

"He is not here please go back." (Liam)

He already passed besides me, I'm completely covered with clothes, so it's understandable that he might unknowingly bypassed his objective.

"What do you? ....!!! Mister Liam please don't joke that." (?)

He seems know me, I tried to joke but it got compromised immediately. What a party crasher.

"So what's the commotion all about?." (Liam)

"Our client, the head of this caravan wanted to personally thank you for your heroic act yesterday." (Messenger?)

Sistiene it is? What hell she wanted me to do? It's not really that I cared about fame or meager wealth that the people here will try to offer, so she should know that I'll likely gonna refused.