o n e

o n e

"music is my life, the lyrics are just my story."

**

I'd been sitting in front of my laptop for around thirty minutes, simply hovering my mouse over the 'upload' button. This would be my first video on YouTube and in all honesty, I was terrified. My self-esteem was extremely low and in general I was very shy and conserved. I wasn't known for being outgoing and something as small as this, to others, was a big thing for me. Word spread quickly in my school and I wasn't sure if I would be able to deal with that.

A lot of my friends had questioned my option to even contemplate starting a channel but it wasn't actually my decision. My two best friends, Sam and Dani, had been pushing me to do it for a while now. It was only lately that I had given in to the idea as I begun to take the 'What's the worst that could happen?' approach. 

They were my best friends after all, so I had to try trust them on this. 

--

It was quite off-putting having Sam and Dani studying me the entire time that I was taking into consideration the pros and cons of this idea. 

"We haven't got all day," Dani cooed from the other side of the bed, tapping her watch in an attempt to make a point.

"Yeah, come on babe. You got this," Sam pitched in as he began fidgeting, a habit of his that I had come to notice he'd do when he'd been sitting around for too long.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "This is a big deal for me, in case you didn't remember."

The video that I was intending to upload was of me doing a singing cover of 'Halo' by Beyonce. Ambitious, I know.

"I think I've procrastinated long enough," I sighed, "Let's get this over and done with."

"Finally!" Dani rolled her eyes before tackling me into a hug and Sam clapped his hands.

"I told you you could do it," Dani grinned, smugly.

"I could always change my mind," I teased them.

"Uh, you realise that there is no backing out now right?" Sam's face returned to its previous smirk.

"Whatever, just give me a second." I shifted over so that I was sitting in front of my laptop again and quickly grabbed the mouse. I moved it back to the 'upload' button and instead of hesitating further, I clicked it.

"You do realise that it will take another few hours to upload so we might as get something to eat." I stated, hauling myself off of the bed.

"Popcorn and Netflix?" Sam questioned, a wide grin on his face.

"Obviously"

**

Sure enough, two hours later my laptop pinged, signalling that the video had finished uploading.

"Chloe! Get in here now!" Dani yelled at me from the living room.

"I'm coming!" I called back, "Just let me finish my drink, women!"

As I made my way down the corridor I found myself humming along to a song from One Direction's new album called 'Take Me Home'. This had been the first album that I had actually liked all the songs on so to my friends, who constantly complained about my fussy music taste, and I, this was a big deal.

"You're alive!" Sam joked as I joined him on the sofa.

"Shut up," I nudged him, "I was only gone for a few minutes,"

"A few minutes that turned into half an hour,"

"Anyhow," Dani interrupted, "You've done it!"

"Yay!" I sarcastically cheered.

"You're annoying," She stuck her tongue at me, "But we love you," She added.

"I know I am," I grinned, "And I love you too, but in case you hadn't noticed it's getting rather late and I have school tomorrow so..."

"Oh yeah, of course. Sorry love,"

"It's fine, just giving you a heads up,"

"I better get heading home then," She stated as she began to lace up her boots, "After school tomorrow we could maybe meet at Starbucks or something?"

"Sounds great." I smiled at her, "See you tomorrow."

"Have a good one," She quickly pulled me into a hug before saying one final goodbye to Sam and I, "Don't forget to message me,"

"I won't," I assured her.

"Don't forget to message me as well." Sam chimed in. Running his fingers through his hair.

He was quite handsome really. He had a tall figure and a slight tan. His round blue-gray eyes framed his face and his hair always sat in a perfect brown quiff.

"Course not," I grinned at him, pulling him into my embrace.

"I hope you have a great day tomorrow Chloe," He said into my shoulder, "And please try to ignore anything that Cara says because it's all a bunch of bullshit and you know it."

"I promise," 

**

first chapter oi oi

I hope you enjoyed it (even tho it kinda sucked lol) but I promise it gets better x