141: Training

If you want to read 17+ chapters ahead, consider visiting here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 141: Training

Like always, Neji woke up early in the morning and then brushed his teeth. He showered, spent a few minutes drying his body and 15 minutes doing his hair.

When he finished doing his hair, the door of his room was pushed open and his older sister came flying on his face.

"Neji!?~ Did you see the news?!" She pulled back her chest from his face and grabbed his chin with her hands while floating a few inches above the ground. "Did you hear, another of your classmates died!"

"Oh yes, I did hear." Neji nodded while putting his hands behind her waist. "Kinda sudden, to be honest. He was an arrogant guy, but he was a good person. To think he would pass away in an explosion."

"Right, I know! We never know when or what something might happen, so always be careful, okay? Neji, were you close to that kid? Are you mentally hurt? Do we need to go see a therapist?!" Nejire had genuine worry present in her eyes, which made Neji chuckle.

He turned around and pushed her on the bed, pushing her arms down from above. "Do I look like I was close to him?"

"...No~ I should have guessed. You are only close with your female classmates, after all." Nejire said with a frown. "I would be surprised if you haven't thought of fucking every girl in your class by now."

Neji shrugged. "Actually, only your second guess is right. About the first, I actually have close male friends..."

"Are you sure?"

"Maybe."

Nejire giggled at his answer and pushed him on the bed before rolling on top of him.

"Neji,"

"Yes?"

"I feel like you're planning something big. I don't know how to explain. Maybe just my older sister's intuition?" Nejire said on Neji's face. "So, tell me outright, are you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Neji simply answered as Nejire narrowed her eyes at him.

"Hmm, well okay. It's not like I have any solid proof. Whatever." She brought her face closer to him. "Neji~ there's still time left until school... Wanna play?"

"Oh of course," Neji ran his hand behind her back. "I am all for a morning game."

Their parents weren't home today. So the... game was absolutely steamy.

—★—

In school, when Neji entered the class, it was filled with whispers.

Neji greeted a few of his classmates and they greeted him back, but there was a lack of enthusiasm.

When he took a seat behind Momo, she turned to him with a worried look.

"Have you heard?" She asked, to which Neji nodded. "It's such a tragic phenomenon... I don't even know what to feel?"

"About that," Neji decided to bait her. "What do you feel about the company that manufactured the oven? Do you think, even though they had no intention to harm, they are the 'Villain' of this scenario? Do you support the lawsuit against them?"

Momo's lips thinned as she failed to come with an answer. "That-"

"No, I don't want an answer. I just want you to think about it." Neji rested his chin on his hand. "I want you to understand, the world isn't a painting of black and white. There is grey, and some brighter colours present in our society."