- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀, JJ Maybank and Kaz Flores were on their way home, as a family, for the very first time. All three wore bright smiles on their faces as they pulled up at the Château the next morning. They didn't want to stay at the hospital any longer than they had to, for Kaci was growing pissed off by all the noises around them.

"Alright, home, sweet home," chirped JJ, pulling back on the breaks. The world felt a lot lighter now, like in the last twelve hours, he'd had so much weight taken off his shoulders. He felt much different, too — more purposeful. JJ liked it. He liked it a lot.

Kaci nodded, turning around to nudge her little brother awake. Jordan tiredly mumbled a curse word at her, so she poked his bruise. He sat up straight, rubbing his head, and flipped off his older sister. "You're still fat," he told her.

"And you're still a virgin," she retorted.

JJʼs phone started to ring and the two siblings shut up as his smile swiftly dropped. Kaci began to take Kaz out of his complicated babyseat, which took the boys forever to prepare for him — it would've been a lot simpler if Pope was their to properly read the instructions for them.

Kaz didn't really do much yet, other than cry every time somebody annoyed him, but his parents were waiting for him to do something funny. At birth, the boy was 9lbs, but Kaci was pretty sure he was even heavier than that, having carried him for the last nine months — or eight, considering he came a week early.

"It's John B," said JJ, putting down the phone and turning to the other two in the car, lips thin. "We need to meet him at the dock."

Kaci nodded. "He good?" she asked, to which the boy shook his head.

"He sounds bad," JJ answered, holding out his hands to take the baby from her. Kaci handed Kaz to his daddy, who held him close to his chest, his smile growing back when the baby curled into him. "Do you wanna stay back for this one — get some more rest?"

Kaci shook her head. "I'd rather be their to supervise the idiot with a baby," she said, John B being the idiot she mentioned.

JJ laughed lightly, looking back down at the baby in his arms. He still couldn't get over the fact he was a dad now. Every few minutes, he started to feel like his life was a dream, that none of this was his reality, and he'd wake up in his bed the next morning without Kaci and Kaz. Then, the girl would shout at him so loud that nobody could sleep through it, and he'd wake again with her and their baby in his arms. He couldn't wait for the future they had ahead of them.

"Alright, Killer, ready to meet Uncle JB?" he asked, pulling the baby away from him to look Kaz in the eye.

Kaci rolled her eyes. "More like Uncle Shithead."

JJ chuckled and leaned to the side to kiss his girl on the forehead, making the boy in the back cringe. "I'm proud of you, Princess," he told her, and it had to have been the one hundredth time he'd said it since her giving birth.

Kaci flipped off her little brother behind them and climbed out of the vehicle. "Jordan, get the stroller," she ordered and let out a sigh, knowing it would take the two boys at least an hour to sort it out.

JJ climbed out of the other side and swung open Jordanʼs door for him, baby still wrapped protectively in his arms. "Yo, me and you are starting to treehouse project tonight," he told the younger boy with a nod. It was part of the deal he and Kaci made a while ago — she sat with him, and he made her a treehouse. JJ didn't know why she wanted it in the first place, but she spent hours last night giving him the greatest gift he could've ever asked for, so the least he could do was construct a wooden treehouse.