CHAPTER 75. Dark Desire

A restaurant, an empty restaurant, in a private room, and I was shaking so hard I thought I would never stop. "Do you have a name?" Aaron who wasn't my Aaron asked.

I held my trembling fingers tightly in my lap. "Raven L-Light," I told him, making eye contact. He hummed in the same way my Aaron always does and leaned back in his chair.

"Can I tell you a story? Raven Light?"

A story? I nodded and gazed at him warily, feeling suspicious of something so simple. Aaron stood and gazed out the window of the tall building we were in.

I could use magic to get away from him, there was only one problem to that, magic was what got us into this mess in the first place, and Clair had warned me no magic at all existed here.

"Do you know how a wolf dies?" He asked with his back to me. I gazed at him, feeling myself frown.

"No," I said honestly and watched him turn to face me.

"Then allow me to educate you on the matter," he sat back down. "Even once my wolf died, I can still shift, and I still have my stronger senses. I was told I'd go insane but," his lips curved into a wicked smile. "I've felt no difference over the years," he picked up a glass in front of him, taking a sip. "Your wolf dies if your mate does, and mine died, probably in the war I started, Moon goddess's karma no doubt."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked softly, feeling myself tremble slightly.

"Because I can smell my wolf on you," Aaron told me and put his glass down. "Which is quite interesting, I didn't believe my men when they said people from another universe arrived, but here you are." Aaron placed a hand on his cheek and studied me. "You're my mate, in the other world, aren't you?"

No sense in lying, he'd see through me, he's Aaron after all. "Yes," I said shortly and winced, my heart and eyes not quite agreeing with the fact that this wasn't my mate.

"How many of you are there?" He asked as I avoided his gaze, swallowing.

"I'm not telling you that," I whispered.

"Interesting, very interesting indeed," he murmured, and I placed a hand in my forehead elbow resting on the table.

Just the sight of him made me want to go into little space, but I couldn't exactly do that right now. "What do you want?" I asked slowly, and looked at him. "I don't know anything about the resistance,"

Aaron laughed shortly. "Ha! You've been staying with them, don't lie to me," Damnit, I scowled and took my hand off my forehead. "I could try to get information out of you, however," he shifted and I felt sick to my stomach when he pulled out a packet of cigarettes.

Seriously? Even the smoking habit?! He put the cigarette to his lips and motioned to a lighter on a side table a distance away. "Grab that," he told me.

I pressed my lips together in anger but stood regardless and grabbed the stupid thing before moving over and offering it to him.

When he didn't move to grab it from me, I glared at him and flicked the lighter on, tempted to light his hair on fire.

I carefully held the lighter to the front of the cigarette before tossing it on the table, stepping back. His hand suddenly grabbed my wrist and I looked at him, startled.

Aaron took the cigarette from his lips and exhaled, fingers tight on my wrist. "Raven Light, I took over this part of the world, to lead the people, to have control over them,"

I met his eyes coldly. "Control," I repeated bluntly, face twisting in disgust.

Aaron licked his lips and looked at his cigarette, still holding my arm. "You do not approve, that's not surprising, I can see the wildness in your eyes."