31: Hey, Chief

Sorry in advance for the cliffhanger :)

Korra was happily playing with Naga until Opal approached her.

The avatar stopped earth bending the stone of the courtyard and turned to the air bender who sat next to her.

" Everything okay ? " Korra asked the younger girl.

" No. Kuvira has my family, my cousin and Bolin are missing and no one seems to care but me. " Opal replied, irritated.

" We all care. Don't worry, we'll get them back safely. " Korra placed a hand on the Beifong's shoulder in an endeavor to calm her down.

Opal shook her head and glared at the woman. " How can you say that ? Kitiara's missing ! "

" I trust Kitiara. If anybody can keep himself alive, that one is Kitiara. She's a genius at escapes and attack plans. " Korra retorted.

The air bender hesitantly agreed. " I guess you're right... Hope that they are together... "

Korra smiled at her. " Optimism never hurt anybody. "

***

Lin was pacing around the room while Tenzin was sitting on the chair located in front of the Chief's desk.

They had a meeting with Raiko in an hour to talk about the Kuvira problem.

Both of the parents were getting more and more frustrated with Kitiara's absence.

If everything went as planned, she should have already been here.

What took her so long ?

Did the rest of the team slow her down ?

Did she break apart during her journey ?

What if she never made it out of there alive ?

Lin groaned as she sat at her desk. She placed her elbows on the table and then rested her head on them.

They had informed Raiko, obviously, that Kitiara, Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu-Li were on their way to Republic City.

Lin had also ordered the police force not to attack or arrest them if they came across them.

The last thing she wanted was for Kitiara to kill off her own officers.

" Do you hate Korra ? " Tenzin inquired out of sudden.

" Mm. What ? " Lin asked back confused. She thought that she didn't hear right the question.

" Do you hate Korra for her break up with Kit ? " He rehearsed.

Lin frowned at this and glanced at the wall thinking of this.

She was angry, yes. And annoyed, of course. Irritated, obviously.

But... feeling hatred for that child... No. How could she ?

Korra went through a lot. Her wish was understandable up to a point.

However, pushing away like that someone who only wanted you to feel better ?

Korra made a huge mistake that day, and she understood that recently.

How old was she ? 22 ? No, Kit is 22. The avatar must be 21 years old.

So young.

She still has a lot of things to learn.

" No, I guess. But I will, doesn't she apologize to Kit. " She finally replied.

Tenzin nodded. " You are correct. Yes. However, we both know that she will apologize. The concerning part is that Kitiara will probably reject her apology. "