Chapter 141 - The Lake

A few moments after Lena called Kara with her signal watch, Kara lands on the balcony right by their living room. Kara then quickly enters the penthouse, seeing Lena and Alura cuddle on one of their couches, and Sam giving her a little wave as she leaves.

"Mommy!" Alura says, moving away from Lena and running over to Kara.

As Alura runs over to her, Kara crouches down and then takes her daughter in for a big hug. This immediately makes Kara's heart feel so much better than it did earlier when Alura sent her away. Kara knows that her daughter loves her, and earlier she was only sending her away because she was hurt, confused, scared, and upset, but it still hurt Kara none the less.

"Alura." Kara says, as she hugs her daughter tightly, without hurting her of course.

"I'm sorry mommy." Alura now sobs, "I didn't mean what I said. I don't want you to leave. I love you."

"Oh.... Alura.... It's okay..... I know you were just hurt and upset and everything." Kara says.

Kara and Alura continue to hug for the next few minutes, and eventually Kara stands up, with Alura still hugging her, and moves both of them over to the couch, taking a seat next to Lena. Lena, in turn, joins the hug with the two people that she loves more than anything else on the planet.

"It is going to be okay, darling." Lena says, "We are both here now, and we've got you. And we both love you so so much."

Alura doesn't say anything in response, but her tears have now mostly stopped.

For the next 5 minutes the trio remain in their hugging state, with Alura being in the middle of her two mothers. However, eventually, Kara and Lena both notice their little girl falling asleep.

"She's asleep." Kara whispers, having figured it out from the 5-year-old's slowing heartbeat.

Lena nods her head.

"She's had a tiring day already. I'm not surprised." Lena whispers in response.

Kara nods her head back at Lena.

"How about we put her down on our bed, and then the two of us can talk in a different room, like we did last night?" Kara suggests.

"Okay." Lena nods.

Kara and Lena then head upstairs, with Kara being the one to carry Alura in her arms. The alien mother lays her daughter down on their bed, being very careful, and making sure not to wake her. Both Kara and Lena know that right now the best thing for their daughter is to probably let her sleep, as after all, people are mostly not upset in their sleep.

"Come on. Let's go." Lena eventually whispers, after a few moments of the two mothers simply looking at their sleeping daughter lovingly.

Kara nods her head, and then leads Lena into the bedroom next door to their bedroom, neither of them wanting to be too far from Alura if she wakes up.

"How are you doing?" Kara asks, basically as soon as the two of them are in the other bedroom together.

Lena chuckles as soon as Kara asks her that.

"I should be the one asking you." Lena says, "You're the one that was sent away by our daughter, and then went to see your sister, and I'm guessing also made a trip to the DEO."

"Yes. I did do all that." Kara nods, "But let's not pretend that this hasn't affected you just as much as myself, or Alura. I know you Lena, and so does Sam. We both know that so far today you mostly won't have been dealing with your own emotions over everything that has been happening, because you have been focusing on Alura. So, that is why I need to ask you, how are you doing?"