Chapter 30

Mandalore

It's been a day since the Terrans had started a new trade with Mandalore. They were being given new weapons, vehicles, and even a fleet that was currently being built. The best part of this trade for Mandalore was the restoration of their planet and the time the project would be done was still being estimated.

But the biggest news for them was the duel between the Mand'alor and a new species which the Terrans had called a sanghelil. A few who had seen the sanghelil earlier had different opinions on this duel as some of them thought the sanghelil would be killed easily while others were indifferent about it. But those that knew better didn't underestimate this contender.

They knew the Terrans were strong enough to handle them easily. One of their soldiers was able to handle multiple of their best warriors in a single day and they wouldn't be surprised if this sanghelil could do the same.

Inside one of the terran ships the Arbiter was checking over his weapons. The match was set to begin in a few hours and he was prepared to fight until one of them was killed or the time he set was passed.

While he continued this Michael had walked in and was still against the idea that the two should fight. He thought this whole thing was meaningless and a waste of time that could be put into something else.

"If you've come to change my mind on this duel. You will leave changing nothing." The Arbiter says not even looking at him.

"I know I can't. I just want to know why. What will you get out of this?"

"I thought I already told you. I want to see what these mandalorians can do in combat. If he cannot meet my expectations." The Arbiter says before activating his energy sword looking at it.

"Then he will die."

"That would only bring tension on this new alliance with them. How do you think they will react to this when you kill their leader? They may want you dead."

"If he dies in combat, he would have had a warriors death. If they cannot see that, then what you all say about them is false and I will see no point in helping them." He says deactivating the energy sword before looking at Michael.

"If he dies and his people retaliate. His death would have been for nothing, but if he survives, than he will gain my respect."

"So you're saying this is just a way if they live up to their name?" Michael says still confused.

"It is much more than just that. You will not understand our ways completely. We are taught very different from you all from a young age and the things we do can be seen as barbaric while to us it is a common occurrence that has become apart of us."

"I do not expect you to understand why I am doing this, but my people would not stand along side them if they are not like you say. I see no point in helping them if they cannot hold their own." The Arbiter says holding his weapons before he starts to walk off leaving Michael in his thoughts.

Hours later in a big arena the stands were crowed with people as they went to watch the fight. This would have been the first duel they've seen in years. There were even a few Terran soldiers in the mix as bets with some of the mandalorians.

The Mand'alor was already waiting in the middle of the arena as the Arbiter slowly walked towards him as he activated his energy sword while he held his plan rifle in the other.

The mandalorian on the other slowly takes out two blaster pistols as the Arbiter approaches him before he starts to sprint at him. Ready to start the first shots of the fight, the mandalorian uses his jetpack to get some distance between the two as he fires multiple shots at the Arbiter which does almost nothing to him.