30

When Shang JunLin heard what the man said, his face sank. But when Shen Yu turned to look at him, he'd already returned to his expressionless appearance.

Still, Shen Yu could feel Shang JunLin's displeasure.

The more he didn't show it, the more it revealed the depth of his anger.

At first Shen Yu felt offended, but when he heard the next thing the man said, he just thought it was funny. Imagine, there was someone who lusted for beauty so much he was rushing to his own death.

It was rare for His Majesty to get so angry.

Shen Yu drew closer to Shang JunLin, poked his arm, and asked in a low voice, "Ah Lin, how does it feel to be robbed in the street for the first time?"

"Ah Yu doesn't seem to be angry at all?" Shang JunLin also lowered his voice.

"Of course I'm angry, but I know Ah Lin will get justice for me. Also, I don't think it's worth getting upset over the words of a clown. Is Your Majesty unhappy?"

Clearly, Shang JunLin was displeased, but not for the reason Shen Yu thought. He was angry because Shen Yu was coveted by someone else. How dare that person have thoughts about his noble monarch!

The man across from them obviously had no idea whom he'd provoked. When he saw the two whispering together, he thought they were tempted by his proposal and he redoubled his efforts.

"You see, there are too many people here. Even if you hurry, you might not find a good place to see the show, and when the time comes, all these people might jostle you. If you come with me, you'll avoid these annoyances. I promise my place isn't crowded. Not only that, it has the best view."

A servant spoke up. "As our young master says, you should appreciate the honor of this invitation. You're lucky our young master condescended to invite you."

Shen Yu was growing curious about the identity of this young man in fancy clothes. There were a lot of powerful figures in the imperial capital. Someone with no influence at all couldn't have said such a thing.

"Does Ah Lin know who that person is?"

"I don't."

Shen Yu didn't recognize him either. In his previous life, he dealt with many dignitaries for the King of Yue, but he never met such a person. Maybe it was just his family that was powerful, and the young man himself didn't have any achievements.

"We don't even know you. Shouldn't you introduce yourself before inviting us somewhere?"

"That's an oversight on my part. Go on, tell them who I am."

"Our young master is Qian MingFu, the di son of the Qian family. In the future, our young master's di sister will enter the palace and become the empress." The young servant's face was proud.

What a coincidence. The Qian family was the family of the King of Li's princess consort. They were also the family of the young woman he was fighting so hard to send into Shang JunLin's harem.

"Ah Lin, what do you think is going on with the Qian family? Why are the young master and this young lady so eager...?"

"The Qian family has quite an appetite," Shang JunLin interrupted. "What does Ah Yu say, yes or no?"

Shen Yu knew of the Qian family. When the previous emperor was in power, they were just a minor family in the capital. Later, a daughter of the Qian family married the King of Li as his official wife. The King of Li backed the right side when Shang JunLin ascended the throne. The Qian family's boat lifted with the tide, and with the help of the King of Li, they grew more and more powerful over time.