Chapter 42

Sneha looked at Viraj's father as if he had completely lost his mind.

Ananya only looked at her friend with a gentle smile. Meena still had to digest the news.

Before Sneha could respond, her father arrived at the scene. Even he was stunned to find the entire Khatri family at his doorstep.

"Mr Khatri?" Shankar asked politely. He understood what this was all about.

"Bajyu, inhu kao yetti be jaao.(Papa, ask them to go from here.)" Sneha spoke to her father in her mother tongue.

Shankar looked at his daughter in apprehension.

"Cheli, tu bhater naha jaa.(Sneha, go inside.)" Shankar replied to Sneha and then faced the Khatri family with a smile.

"Please, come in." Shankar invited the guests politely.

Sneha looked at her father in horror. Why was her father allowing them in when their son had misbehaved with her! She couldn't understand it.

Both Sneha and her father looked in confusion as three men entered along with the Khatri family, with hands full of baskets wrapped in red cloth.

Viraj was the last to enter as his gaze was fixed on Sneha, waiting for her to at least look at him again. But she didn't.

"Sneha..." He called for her attention again.

Sneha looked at him involuntarily, and then quickly narrowed her brows. Right now, she didn't even want to look at him. So, she quickly looked away and her eyes then fell on Ananya, who was already inside the hall. She was smiling.

'The entire family has gone mad!' Sneha concluded.

The three men placed the baskets gently on the table and then quickly left the house.

"Sneha." Shankar sternly called for her daughter, while reminding her to go inside.

She looked at her father and sighed. Nodding her head twice, she turned around to go inside. However, Viraj immediately interrupted.

"I'd like Sneha to be present here as we talk." Viraj asked while looking at his fireball.

Sneha glared at him. Now, she was even more adamant to go inside. So, she turned around again to leave.

"Sneha, my son asked you to stay. So, stay." Dev stated firmly when he noticed Sneha clearly disobeying Viraj.

Before Sneha could reply, her father spoke.

"Mr Khatri, let's not include the children in the conversation, please." Shankar requested, but  Dev denied it.

"No one is a child here, Mr Bohra. And this conversation involves our children. So, they must be here." Dev said.

Shankar tightened his fist to control his own anger from resurfacing. He didn't like the way Viraj was continuously looking at his daughter without any shame. That was one of the reasons why he had asked her to go inside.

"Sit, Sneha." Dev urged. Shankar nodded while looking at her. As everyone settled down on the sofa, Priya and her mother came outside as well to see what was going on. However, Priya was quickly motioned by her mother to go inside.

So, everyone was present in the hall except for Priya. Meanwhile, Sneha's mother went into the kitchen to get them something to drink.

"Mr Bohra, we are here to ask for your eldest daughter's hand for my son, Viraj." Dev initiated the conversation.

Sneha lightly scoffed at the demand.

"No. I will not marry him." Sneha immediately plugged in sternly.