she's scared of storms (requested)

The loud clap of thunder caused Sana to jump once more.

In fear, she pulled the covers over her head and hugged her knees to her chest on the sofa.

She reached around for her phone before pulling it under the blankets with her.

Unlocking it, she went to your contact before clicking on it and calling you.

She waited a few seconds and then breathed out a sigh of relief when she heard your voice as you answered on the second ring.

"Sana! Hi, my love. I'm just leaving work now."

She heard the sound of you closing your car door and then starting the engine, the rain pattering against the windshield.

"So you're on your way home?"

"Yeah, I will be as soon as I hang up with you. I don't want to drive while I'm on the phone." You chuckled.

"How long do you think you'll be?"

"A few minutes. Why, my love? Is everything okay?"

"I'm scared." She said and then gasped, another loud clap of thunder coming from outside.

Your brain had been so busy until now that you completely forgot about Sana's intense fear of storms.

"Oh, baby. I'm so sorry. I'll be home soon."

"Promise?" She spoke softly.

"I promise, my love. I'm heading out now." You said as you buckled your seatbelt, putting your phone on speaker as you pulled out of the parking spot. "It won't be long until I'm home. Try to breathe and occupy yourself. It's only a few minutes until I'm there."

"Okay." She said as she sighed shakily, ending the call.

She pulled the blanket off of her head, only to jump once more when the thunder came once more, and she covered her head back up again.

It felt like an eternity before you pulled into the driveway.

Being so afraid of the storm, it felt like time was dragging on and on as she spent every second alone, trembling and fearful.

But then you walked through the door and pulled the blanket off of her head, causing her eyes to light up and a huge sigh of relief to leave her lips.

"You're home," she sighed as she threw her arms around you, holding you tight. "I'm so happy you're here."

"I'm so happy to be home with you." You said as you sat down beside her, her arms still around you as you held each other.

"Your day was good?"

You shook your head with a small smile.

Despite being fearful, she still felt curious about your day and protective of you, wanting to be sure your day was good.

But you didn't even think about answering her question.

You just wanted to hold and comfort her.

"Don't worry about anything, my love. I'm just happy I'm here with you now." You said and kissed her head.

She put her head on your shoulder, her lips brushing across your skin. She lifted it but gasped and held you tighter when the rain picked up and the thunder came once more.

She whimpered, so afraid of the storm raging on outside.

"It's okay, baby. I've got you. I'm right here."

She closed her eyes and focused on your hand rubbing her back.

"I know you're scared. It's loud and frightening but you'll be okay. I've got you. The storm is out there and we're here, safe inside our cozy home. You're with me and I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

She cracked a small smile as you kissed the crown of her head.

"I'm here." You whispered. "You'll be okay. I'm here with you. You're safe."

And she closed her eyes, knowing that you were completely right.

She is safe with you as you hold her close, feeling so comfortable that the storm didn't bother her as much as it once did.

"I love you."

"I love you more." She said and kissed your neck, so grateful to have you to hold when she needs you most.