CHAPTER 18

“Your Highness, the carriage of the Grand Duke just now…”

Lyle, who entered the room with a short knock, quickly shut his mouth when he saw Cain with his index finger raised to the corner of his mouth.

At the sight of Cain, who gave a congratulatory order with his eyes as if asking him to leave, Lyle bowed his head deeply and silently closed the door.

His lips rose slowly in the quiet room without anyone’s interference.

He did not want to miss it.

Like the person who appeared under the sun for the first time in his life, Cain’s red eyes contained only Adelia’s sleeping face.

゚· : * ✧ * :· ゚

It seems that the previous day’s schedule was a little tough. Even though I felt like I slept pretty well, my heavy eyelids could not open properly.

My whole body felt the pleasant weight of a thick blanket, and the sunlight pouring into the room was pleasant.

When the still chilly morning wind blew through the open window, my body instinctively searched and dug into the arms in search of warmth.

A pleasant smile painted on my lips at a firm but warm embrace…

…Warm embrace?

My heavy eyes flared up in an instant. Seeing a man’s chest was in front of me, my eyes widened even more.

“If you’ve woken up, why don’t you just get up now?”

“….”

“It’s been quite some time already.”

I jumped out of bed faster than I could understand his languid voice. Despite the clothes I was wearing, my hands naturally pulled the blanket to my chest, confused and shocked by the unknown situation.

“Wha, what is it?”

“That’s what I want to ask.”

“Yes?”

“Is the Young Lady’s sleeping habit this bad?”

Sitting up from the bed and sitting down with me, Cain was gazing at me with tired eyes.

I was stunned at this moment as I could not understand since he was sleeping in a chair before. Nonetheless, why was he now lying in my bed and why I was sleeping with him—

“Before you blame my sleeping habits, shouldn’t the Grand Duke have to explain why you’re sleeping in my bed?”

“….”

“As far as I remember, Your Highness definitely slept on the chair yesterday, yet why did you join me in my bed…!”

“You have to ask right away.”

His face wrinkled at my words. Nevertheless, this was undoubtedly my rented room and my bed. So, what else can I say or do right away?

As if he had noticed my doubts, Cain continued speaking with an indifferent face.

“The Young Lady doesn’t seem to understand the current situation, so I’ll explain it to you kindly.”

“….”

“The only fault I have is that I felt sorry for you, who squatted on the floor and tried to lay you on the bed, though I was caught by the Young Lady and got pushed down.”

“Wh, who’s grabbing what?”

“You.”

“….”

“You grabbed my collar.”

Uttering so, he silently pointed to two buttons ripped off his shirt. Just yesterday, the button, which was neatly sewn to the end of the shirt, was really missing somewhere as he said it.

I squealed and shook my head, saying it did not make sense at the unbelievable fact.

The corner of his mouth lifted up as Cain opened his mouth again.

“It was the first time since I was born…”

“….”

“All the people of Lian’s Empire don’t even want to face me because of the rumors that I’m madman, war-maniac, and even rumored to have eaten my parents and blood.”

“….”

“I never thought that a young lady who had been lying in bed for over ten years would grab me by the collar and lead me to bed.”

“I, I think there was a misunderstanding. I didn’t lead the Grand Duke to bed—!”

“Oh, come to think of it, it was my first time spending a night with a woman.”

My face flushed red as he spoke.

Absurdity surged once again at his reckless spewing of words that could easily be misunderstood by anyone who heard them.

“If, if you say that, I think other people will misunderstand…!”

“What is there to misunderstand?”

“I mean, even if I grabbed the Grand Duke’s collar while I was sleeping and led you to bed… Isn’t, isn’t it kind of unreasonable to say that we spent the night together… like that…”

“I don’t know.”

“…Yes?”

“An adult man and woman in the same bed, spending the night together and waking up together in one bed.”

“I know that’s what they usually refer to it as spending the night together—”

The appearance of Cain connecting words skillfully overflowed with absurdity. Of course, it is true that we spent the night together, but usually, spending the night together means…

Imagining things like that in my head that I could not even say with my own mouth, I shook my head hurriedly.

Meanwhile, he continued to speak with a more serious expression as he gazed at my reddened face.

“So, I think we have to take responsibility for the situation we’ve created.”

“…Responsibility?”

“Let’s get married.”

“Wha, what are you saying now…?”

“I said we should get married.”

His face, which contained no laughter, made me speechless.

…Straight forward man, obsessive man, obsessive madman—

At that moment, numerous keywords pointed towards him floated dizzily in my head.