Chapter 4: Tournament Of The Sun

Sexy Shenhe for the boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinjuro: "Strike"

A swung the wooden sword at the dummy and hit it straight on the head.

Shinjuro: "Strike"

I hit as he commanded.

Shinjuro: "Flame"

I exhaled and took a shot that sliced the head clean off.

Shinjuro: "Not bad, but not fast"

I brought the sword back as grandfather looked at the neck of the dummy.

Shinjuro: "It was not a clean cut either. I see strands of wood still on. Repeat"

Kyojuro: "Aren't you being a little too picky?"

Shinjuro: "The stronger of the demons won't fall to such a soft strike. They won't be slow either. This boy must grow stronger"

Kyojuro: "He's still got room to grow, he's barely 7"

Shinjuro: "And I intend to get him strong as early as possible. I'm doing the things you refuse to do. I'm doing what I taught you"

Kyojuro: "..."

Shinjuro: "You won't be harsh on the boy because you inherited your mother's gentle heart. I have to do what's needed to groom him"

He walks back to me and sets up another dummy.

Shinjuro: "Again"

Training continues for hours until I'm given a break by grandpa.

Shinjuro: "Come back in an hour. Your father will take care of things from here"

I nod as he pats my head a little and leaves.

Kyojuro: "You know it's just some tough love, right?"

I nod as father pats my back and heads off.

I put the sword away and head over to get my lunch box when I see someone calling for me.

Yoriichi: "Xuelan"

Xuelan: "Hey there!!"

She picks it up and hands it to me with a smile.

Xuelan: "You on break?"

Yoriichi: "Yes"

Xuelan: "Wanna come eat with me? There's still lots of goodies at the cafeteria"

I nod and take her hand as we both run off to the lunch room where everyone was gathered up. There were 2 separate lines for each class since they generally didn't get along with one another.

Xuelan: "Come on, let's line up before we don't get anything"

Yoriichi: "Okay"

I could feel the disgusted looks from the Demon Slayers while the Flame Breathers embraced the two of us. It took us a bit of time but eventually, we got our meals, despite me already having some that my mother gave me.

Xuelan: "I can't wait to try-"

A plate fell to the ground and nearly tripped Xuelan. It came from the direction of one of the Demon Slayer members who was laughing a little.

DS: "Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to spill my soup. My bad"

The rest laughed as Xuelan glared at them. I walked over to him and placed my bowl on his table.

DS: "Huh?"

Yoriichi: "You can have mine"

I walk back a little and bow as I take Xuelan's hand and walk over to an empty seat.