050 | the space between

╔══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧'  ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓.

Wall to wall obsidian, everything was a mirror. A whisper of silent wind existed as the only echo against her own thoughts. Silence, calm, solace, an undertone of sinister strength held at bay. Infinite reflections and white lines, a stillness unlike anything alive. Under the terra, deep below a grassy plain where a strong breeze ruffled across a landscape.

Lyra threw off the covers and slid out of bed, accidentally smacking her arm on the side of the table in her rush to get to her sketchbook. Furtively, she drew out the lines and the patterns, willing herself not to forget the dream so fast. Circles, octagons, intersecting lines, the grass plain. The pencil pressed graphite into the page with a dusting of hasty gray marks.

Once finished, she exhaled. Lyra ran her thumb over the pages. There were quite a few of them now. After almost a week of the same inconclusive dream, she was beginning to wonder if the only way to make it stop was to figure out what it was. So she had started drawing it out, the bits and pieces she could remember.

Nothing was adding up.

After the previous day in the med bay, the Force felt altered. Everything echoed with the sound of her father's voice asking that one-worded question across the stars: Lyra?

Harter Kalonia hadn't understood why the heart monitor spiked because it wasn't an explanation that could be reduced to the facts of medical science. It was the Force moving, embodied for mere seconds in the form of Luke Skywalker. For one fleeting moment, she had seen the familiar blue eyes of her father, looking across an ocean of stars to reach her.

Luke Skywalker had opened himself back up to the Force. And still, he wasn't making an attempt to return.

What to do with that information, she didn't know.

She pulled on a fresh pair of pants and a clean shirt, brushing back her hair into a ponytail and steeling herself against the onslaught of what this new, terrible day was about to bring.