Cost of Love ; Hanahaki au

After living so many years being incapable of feeling anything; Barrow could never relate to his subordinates who were always complaining about their love life.

Hah,

Who would have thought a single flower petal would change everything?

. . .

In the peaceful space of the office, There was only the sound of the pen scratching the paper accompanied by the voice of someone talking. Well, was;

Barrow cleared his throat,

For the past several days, he can always feel something stuck in his throat. But no matter how much he tried to cough it out, nothing came out.

"My Liege?" Bernard, who came to report his progression in the empire, stopped, "Is there something wrong?"

"No," Barrow continued writing his paper, "resume the report"

"...Alright,"

Barrow tried to focus on his tasked, but no matter how hard he tries-- the itch inside his throat kept on bothering him.

And In the end of the day, barely any work was done.

.

.

.

It was not until three days later at the alchemist tower, when Barrow finally found the reason why his throat itches;

. . .

Barrow couldn't exactly remember why he wanted to become a God-- no, he did. But he chose not to. 

  But the sense of want and need to become one had never declined even after all this years. And after countless reincarnations, all of his efforts were slowly starting to bare it's fruits;

.

Then comes that variable that slowly ruined everything he did,

The hero of the Roan kingdom that slowly became known in the western continent. The person who became the link of so many race and individuals, that soon became the powerhouse many could only dreamt of achieving.

Perhaps it was that time?

Barrow started remembering a long forgotten tale after meeting the red haired Hero that was beloved by all.

Hasn't all of this happened before?

Hasn't he already experienced all of this once before?

  Barrow might have simply remembered a forgotten tale he had loathed; A tale he had threw it to the back of his mind, hoping to bury it with the flow of time.

Hah...

Yes,

It all had happened under that sickeningly blue sky he had grown tired of seeing everyday;

He also had a red hair similar to a sunset, stoic face, and a crazy amount of charm that just pull anyone towards him like a magnet.

Barrow remembered how he always ran away from things he deemed to be troublesome yet always managing to bring more trouble with him every time he returned.

How every one had loved him like he was the sun;

Not that he could blame them;

He was like every one else too, once upon a time.

.

.

.

Barrow took off his white masks and put it onto the table and leaned back to the wall; The moonlight was shining through the office window, the only source of light in the dark room.