04

Miraculously, Ivy survived the first few hours of her school. She had been happily skipping towards her next class when she accidentally collided into someone. Looking up, she find a guy with red eyes staring more like glaring back at her. She found his eyes a little weird but maybe he is wearing fake lenses.

"Piss off, little girl!" Ivy frowns at his harsh words.

"I am not little girl. I am 16 years old mature teenager!" She replies while rocking slightly on her feet. The guy in front of her raises his brow and suddenly pushes her against the back of lockers.

"Uh-oh. You are mature right?" He says while slightly tugging on her shirt.

"What are you doing?!" Ivy shrieks in surprise and shock as he abruptly reaches up to unbutton her shirt.

"MATURE girl you said!" He smiles, his hands crawls down to rest at the end of her skirt.

"Stop." Tears gathers in Ivy's eyes as she tries to push him away. She doesn't like his touch, like this on her. She clenches her eyes shut in fear.

"Jeremiah! Leave her." A familiar voice approached their ears. Ivy slowly open her eyes and looks up to see Alessio and the second guy who is a more scary version of him, standing in front of them.

Jeremiah immediately backs away, moving away from Ivy at a safe distance.

"I was just joking around!" He raises his arms in surrender.

"Get the fuck out of my sight!" Alessio dismisses him with a silent warning in his eyes. When Jeremiah is gone, Alessio glances back at her. The guy beside him whom Ivy could only consider as his brother is staring at his phone.

With a tear stricken face, she is fumbling to close her shirt's buttons. Alessio's eyes narrows at the necklace she is wearing. But before he can take a good look at it, Ivy hides it under her shirt and closes the buttons. She quickly wipes her tears and whisper a small thank you.

"Are you ok, Ivy?" Still Alessio asks her cautiously.

"Yeah." She whispers.

"I n-need to get to my next class." She mumbles while squeezing her way from between Alessio and his brother's broad frames.

Ivy frowns suddenly realizing that no one really else came for her help. But why had she accepted that? Of course in this school, nobody would want to help her. She is a poor scholarship student and others well are so rich that their noses are attached to up in air so high, that they ain't able to see how many poor lives they are crushing underneath them.

As she remains sitting at the back of her classroom, the door opens and Alessio again steps in while bringing the magical silence in. The teacher nods at him in opposite of the scolding or giving him detention for being late to class.

It surprises him a little when Ivy gets up from her seat just so he can sit on the window seat. She takes a seat beside him and gives her whole attention to her open book.

Ivy frowns when suddenly a cigarette comes in front of her vision. She looks at the culprit Alessio with wide eyes.

"What?" She asks slowly.

"Here! Take this. It will loosen all the stress." He says. Ivy pouts at his words.

"Really? I want to try it too bad from since many years but I am allergic to smoke." She mumbles. Immediately, Alessio takes the cigarette away from her.

"But I don't think taking one would be bad." She says adamantly. But Alessio shakes his head.

"Now now now we can't compromise with your life. I don't want you dying beside me...." He rolls his eyes. Ivy playfully glares at him.

"Pay attention." He scowls at the young girl who sticks her bottom lip out and glances down at her book. Later two minutes of silence between them, Alessio speaks.

"You are only 16, so how come you are in the senior year?" He asks her.

"I am pretty smart..." She grins a little answering him.

"I doubt it." He says.

"That's mean." She speaks with a little hurt in her tone but Alessio just shrugs never apologizing. Apologizing isn't really his thing.

At the lunch break, nobody really wanted her to sit with them. It hurt her a lot but she didn't let it ruin her first day. She spend the entire time in the library while reading books and eating some cheap chips she bought in the cafeteria. The lunch lady Mrs. Johnston is a kind lady in her mid 50's. She also offered a chocolate chip cookie to Ivy who happily accepted it.

She rarely saw Alessio and his brother the rest of the entire day. Maybe he went home. She thought. Ivy feels her mood saddening with each passing seconds. Alessio is her only friend but without him, she feels alone and bad. The atmosphere, the continuous glares and degrading whispers of her fellow class are making her suffocate.

As the day ends, Ivy is more than happy to run out all the way back home. Greta meets her at the doorway of orphanage.

"How was your day, Ivy?" The old woman asks concerned noticing something off.

"Oh... It was good. I made friend...." Ivy didn't exactly speak the truth nor did she lied. But she tries to make herself sound convincing.

She heads upstairs without any next word and get changed into her regular casual clothes. A thin full sleeved sweater and random blue jeans. She brushes her hair and skips downstairs.

"I am going to work, Greta." She yells while skidding towards the door. Upon getting on her bicycle, she quickly paddles towards the library.

The work day is also tiresome. There are just many people going in and out in library and assisting them at the same time is hard task but god gracias that she is very talkative. She manages to calm the angry people and try to assist them quickly, straight to the point.

At finally 9'O clock in the evening, Ivy is finally let off the hook. Means that her work time is over. She gets out of the door. A shiver runs down her spine as a blow of chilly wind hit her with full force.

She quickly locks the door and heads towards her bicycle. Ivy gets lost in thought suddenly realizing how tired she has gotten. Her stomach is grumbling loudly in hunger.

"Don't worry tummy. I am going to give you someth--" She is cut off by the loud honking of the car. Her body jerks forward when the front wheel of her bicycle hits with a rough surface roughly. She only manages to let a squeal out when she falls down on the road harshly with her bicycle on top.

She whines at the pain but freezes hearing footsteps reaching her ears. Looking up with the help of street lights, she finds Mr. Lucifer Santiago himself standing in front of her and then suddenly everything goes black.

Get access to upto 20 chapters on Patreon and also check out my other completed books that are ongoing on Wattpad!