011 | CHERRIES

YOUR LIPS DETACH from his almost as soon as they had connected

"We can't." You state, shaking your head with a sigh. In an attempt to regain your composure, you run a hand through your hair, overly aware of Heeseung's eyes that remained trained on you. Even though the kiss had lasted for no more than five seconds, the feeling of him still stays buzzing with need on your lips. "We shouldn't—I—I don't want this." You lie.

You hear it clearly when Heeseung scoffs a little after having his advances being rejected. Echoing your movements, he too moves a hand through his hair as he registers what had just happened, smacking his lips together at the newfound tension between the two of you. The room is now becoming blanketed with an uncomfortable silence, one which has the two of you struggling to say something to the other.

"Yeah." Heeseung replies icily, firmly crossing his arms. "Um—sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"Let's just focus on the work." You gulp down a scream of embarrassment, turning to your laptop and absentmindedly beginning to type. At this point, your eyes are not even focusing on the screen, the moment of your kiss replaying continuously in your mind. Heeseung still stares at you, eyes devoid of anything you can decipher, and when you glance over at him to try and make sense of it, he does not even try to shy away from your attention.

"What's your favourite flavour of chapstick?" He asks.

The question is simple, really. If the question had been asked in any other context, you would have answered it without any care. Instead, your cheeks flush and your fingers halt over your keys, and you take a second to breathe in before responding.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me." He rests his head on his palm, face tilting slightly so that his cheek makes contact with his palm. His soft raven hair sweeps slightly to the side as he does so. "I'm just curious."

"It's—it's cherry." You stammer.

"I see." Heeseung nods, retreating back to the work and beginning to type away himself. On the shared document that the two of you are working on, he easily puts together exemplar sentences and phrases to form a paragraph that has your jaw dropping. Whilst he does so, his expression stills and he appears simply unbothered by the events beforehand, zoning in on the work you were originally here to complete.

Following suit, you begin to do the same to try and save yourself from the already tense atmosphere. Unlike Heeseung, when you try to string together sophisticated words to form some kind of sentence that sounds plausible, you end up with a whole bunch of nonsense. Gnawing on your bottom lip, you remain quiet in the fear that if you say something, you'll make the whole situation even worse.