20. Breakfast

This child?! I ran out the room after Marshall but bumped into someone. "Woah, slow down there. No need to rush," said a manly voice. I looked up and saw a man with the same blonde hair as Dimitri and green eyes. He seemed a bit way older than me. He was in black sweatpants and a white tank top. "You know, it's a bit too early to be rushing to go somewhere on a Saturday morning," said the man. I looked at him and then saw a clock behind him. It was an analogue time and it read somewhere around 9 past 6am. Trust me, I wasn't that good with time.

I looked back at the man. "I'm sorry I was just looking for my son," I said. "You mean this little rascal over here!" shouted a voice across the hallway. I turned and saw a tall guy with a mullet and he had lots of tattoos and piercings. He was holding Marshall by his leg and Marshall looked like a sack of potatoes in that way. He was screaming and giggling. "You're going to hurt him love, put him down," said the man I had just bumped into. The guy holding Marshall turned Marshall the right way up and put him down. Marshall started laughing and walking in circles. "Momma, look!" he shouted. Marshall was about to hit the door when the man with black hair caught him before he could. "Slow down their champ," he said laughing. I walked up to them and picked up Marshall. "Um thank you," I said. "No problem," said the man. I nodded my head.

"Where are our manners," said the guy with brown-blonde hair. He walked up to me and Marshall. "I'm Nikolai and this is my boy-" "Fiancé, cabrón [dumbass]," said the guy with black hair. "Pardon me, this is my fiance Sero," said Nikolai. I nodded my head. "I'm-" "Hazel, we know. My little brother told me all about you," said Nikolai. "You mean, told you," said Sero smiling. "Uhh, yes, and this must be Marshall," said Nikolai ruffling Marshall's hair. Marshall giggled. "Uh huh," I said. "Well how about we show you you the kitchen , so you can both grab breakfast," said Nikolai. I nodded my head. "Thank you," I said. The two then turned around and I followed behind with Marshall in my hands. I couldn't help but notice the dragon tattoo on the back of Sero's back. It was very detailed and very pretty.

Once we reached the living room, I heard the sound of clicking. "You know Ivan. Saturdays are for resting and not working little brother," said Nikolai. I looked and saw Ivan sitting on one of the couches in the expensive living room. He seemed drowned in work and I saw at least 4 cups of coffee on the coffee table and 5 cans of Red Bull. "Ivan?" called out Nik. Ivan ignored him. "Ivan, it's rude to keep your guests waiting," said Sero. Ivan looked up. His eyes looked tired. I heard him mumble something to himself before getting up. "Hazel, morning, how are you?" questioned Ivan cominng up to me. "I'm good," I lied. No I wasn't good. I'm worried, stressed, pissed. Everything!

"You?" I questioned. "I'm-" "Hungry," whined Marshall in my arms. "I'm hungry Momma," he said. I looked at Ivan. "Is there anything to eat?" I asked. Ivan ran his fingers through his hair and goddamn. This man was a literal Angel. He looked so goddamn attractive and- No Hazel, not now and not ever. I first have to focus on Marshall. "There should be something in the kitchen. Here, I'll go grab-" "Except there's not!" shouted Nik's voice from the kitchen. Nik's head then popped around the corner. "Well there are raw ingredients unless you want to cook? Cause none of us here can cook." said Nik. He then looked at me. "Hazel, wanna cook?" he questioned me.

"No," said Ivan. "Hazel will not cook, she is a guest here and should be treated with respect," said Ivan. I looked at him. "I wouldn't mind you know," I offered. "No, it's not-" "It's okay, and besides, I'm hungry, you're hungry, Marshall's hungry," I said. Ivan was quiet. "We can always just go out," said Ivan. "And eat more shrimp and prawns?" I questioned. "No thank you," I said. I started walking towards the kitchen.

"And besides, it's never to late to learn,"

- - -