⁰¹tutor

APRIL
CHAPTER ONE
"tutor"

─────────────────

albeit the fact that this is her second year of studying in japan, she always kept to herself.

she was reserved, only finding entertainment with herself and a couple others. it's not that she hated interacting people, she just wasn't really bothered to. 

she didn't get anxious or whatsoever when making new friends, it's just that she preferred if the other would interact with her first. honestly, she was perfectly fine if they didn't. she had trouble remembering names either way. and it just meant she had more time to herself. 

(it's not like she needs more of that. with her insomnia, she practically has twenty-four hours to do whatever she wanted)

she had friends, obviously. like her neighbour, haruhi, a sweet girl just two years younger than her. and a couple others in her grade. she was in the music club in their school, and seeing how underrated it was, there were only like six people in it. sad, right? 

it's okay, it only meant that they were more of a band than a club. and she was happy with them really, and was glad that they welcomed her with ease.

the l/n played the drums, as well as the bass guitar, but she was the drummer of the club. the other people in her club - mikasa, eren, jean, sasha, connie, and armin - all contributed diversely. eren and jean on guitars (occassionally, eren on keyboard and jean on drums), y/n on drums or bass, sasha and connie as the main vocal, mikasa and armin on management, (though, mikasa could do the electric guitar if she wanted).

despite the fact that the music club was underrated itself, the group was well known throughout their school. mainly because of their attractive looks, but they were all pretty talented themselves. ranging from brains, to being in the student council, to having musical-talent, to athleticism. 

y/n managed between the brains and the musical talent area. i mean, she was here in fukurodani for an international scholarship. she needed to be absolutely amazing in both concepts if she were to move from (home country) to japan, just for high school .

though, if anything, she was glad to move countries. to leave her home back in (home country). she hated it there. the place itself was alright, however it's the people close to her there was what ruined it for her. it was what caused her mental illness to rise in the first place. so wanting to get away from it, she used her insomnia productively, studying and practicing in order to retrieve a scholarship to japan.

she could've asked her parents, sure, her family was rich enough after all, as their name owned a company that supplies multiple sports equipment all over the world, ranging from a variety of sports. however, they were why she wanted to leave (home country) in the first place.

the constant verbal abuse being thrown at her had irritated her to the point where she wanted to run away. how just because she was a female, she couldn't handle the concept of athleticism. or just because she was a female, she was either to choose a feminine sport, or none at all. 

she wasn't into the sports that her parents gave her, so she didn't do any. however, playing the drums wasn't "lady-like" either, at least in their words anyways. it wasn't just her parents though. a couple other of her relatives from her father's side had thrown snide remarks, insults, comments towards her. and what was even worse was that they didn't even take in the consideration of how a fucking child was going to handle all these words.

so with the comments keeping her up at night, she studied and practiced hard enough for her to obtain a scholarship to another country. and thank the fucking gods that she was able to receive one. 

it was her chance to be free. 

right at the start of her third year, she was now making her way to the teacher's staffroom, airpods in her ears, blasting music through them. thinking of everything that she had been doing here during school, she couldn't think of anything that could get her in trouble.

unless they've found out about the beer in my house, and the cigars, i should be clear. i haven't done anything to damage my chances of keeping my scholarship, right?

knocking on the door first, the sliding it open, she walked towards her teacher's desk. upon nearing the woman's desk, she had seen a boy with spiky dark hair with grey tips, standing beside her teacher.

"uh... sato-sensei? you asked for me?" the girl asked, placing her airpods in its case as she was now standing before the two. 

the bespectacled woman turned her head away from the boy, smile forming as she faced the female teenager. "y/n! thank you for coming!"

y/n smiled back. "it's no problem, sensei. how may i be of help?"

"ah, you see..." she pushed her chair back slightly, "bokuto here has been struggling with his grades since last year. his last tutor graduated, so he's not available to help. since you're the top in the grade, i decided to ask you."

"oh, so you need me to tutor him?" y/n asked, clarifying what the woman was saying.

"if you can, yes please." she nodded. "i know you already have your club to deal with, as well as your own grades, but i really want him to graduate with passing marks. as well as for him to continue being in his club..."

y/n turned her head to the other third year, who was already smiling at her. finding warmth in his smile, she returned it. "it would be no problem, sensei. i don't find it troublesome of any sort."

eyes brightening, she clapped her hands together. "oh that's fantastic! i really appreciate this l/n!!"

"it's no problem. just glad to help." she smiled back at her teacher. she then turned to the boy. "bokuto-san, was it?"

he nodded, owl-like eyes gleaming at her. "yup! nice to meet you l/n-chan!"

"it's nice to meet you too." she gave him an eye-closed smile.

"i'll leave you two at it. thanks again l/n!"

─────────────────

i honestly hate starting fanfics cause they're either boring or i have no clue what to do for them,, but it gets better i swear

AND DONT BE A SILENT READER GUYS,, VOTE AND COMMENT I LOVE READING COMMENTS FNFJFK