008 :: PROTECTIVE CUSTODY.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER EIGHT...!

!

❝ PROTECTIVE CUSTODY , SEASON FIVE ❞

FIVE ❞

       THE TEAM had been trying to reach Hotch all morning. No answer.

In response, they tried getting ahold of Jennie. Again, no answer. At first, they assumed they were still asleep. However, as the day got later, and the two were still yet to answer, their worry only increased.

Soon enough, after some digging, Garcia revealed that there was a John Doe emitted to the hospital by SSA Derek Morgan — who had gotten his credentials stolen by George Foyet the night he was arrested.

Connecting all the dots, the team rushed to the hospital as soon as they heard.

When they arrived, and were given his room number, the group met the face of the exhausted Jennie Hotchner, who had her leg shaking up and down profusely. It didn't take a room full of profilers to figure out she hadn't slept.

"He still isn't conscious." She told them, her eyes not meeting the group. They all swiftly moved next to her, JJ sitting in the chair next to the girl.

"Jennie— can you tell us what happened?"

As the memories of the night flooded her mind, she couldn't help but let her eyes water, "He wasn't there when I got home last night. I-I was looking around for him, and the next thing I knew— this old guy was holding a gun to me."

Morgan's, who kneeled in front of the girl, eyes softened at her fragile sight, speaking softly, "Did he say anything to you?"

"He said—" She swallowed the lump in her throat, "He explained how brutally he had stabbed my dad. H-He explained in full detail. And he told me he had dragged him in the backseat of my car, and that he was laying there unconscious. A-And that he was bleeding profusely."

She shook her head, letting a tear fall, "He made me drive them to the hospital. He said if I told anyone anything that he would kill me. I-I didn't know what to do, I don't—"