Chapter 14- The Map

She led me by the hand to the trampoline
My muse walked me through my dizzy drunken dream
Young lovers making heat on a summer night
Her lily skin burning naked and bright
We confessed to each other that we felt the same
She pulled me in close and softly breathed my name
Wish I could stare again into those eager honest eyes
That now in my mind glare at me with despise
So I'll beat the drum and scream at the sun, it's trampoline!
Up, up, up, down
- Trampoline • The Unlikely Candidates

"What did you mean when you said you made them invisible for their own good?"

     The questions from Lucy to Coriakin had ceased to end since the group had become reunited. She seemed to have limitless options, but it seemed that the magician had limitless patience. If it was James being questioned, however kind he happened to, it would have run out by this point.

    His sister seemed to never end with curiosity. He admired it.

     The blonde boy walked by the side of Caspian, clinging to his hand like a child would. Edmund and Harvey chatted to one another, in an almost silent tone so they could still overhear every answer offered by Coriakin. And Eustace- well... he was somewhere. He followed behind, out of sight, as he knew that was where everyone else would rather him be.

    With a squeeze to his hand, James was brought back to the moment. He didn't mind the feeling; he never seemed to mind when it came to Caspian.

     "It seemed the easiest way to protect them from the evil." Coriakin replied to Lucy for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

  "You mean the mist?" Queried Edmund, finding the space to add in his words.

  "The green mist." Interjected Harvey, smirking as he and the black haired Pevensie bumped shoulders. The two had a small rivalry starting aboard ship, but nothing too serious. It was just a little fun.

  "I mean..." stated Coriakin. "What hides behind the mist."

    With a worried look Caspian tensed. The blonde noticed it immediately, and brought his hand to his lips, kissing it lightly. He let his dark eyes linger upon the Telamarine's dark hair, which was half tied so that he could see clearer. Despite the look on his face, the corners of Caspian's lips twitched upwards at the feeling.

    A projection of stars seemed to line the walls when the two could tear their eyes away from each other. It was stunning, and there was something so brilliant about it. Coriakin had managed to take the stars from the sky and bend them to his will.

    If this was magic, James wanted to learn. Was it possible to learn? He wanted to. Of course he did. It was wonderful.

     Then, as if he pulled it from thin air, Coriakin lay a map to the floor. It seemed to merge with the tiles, and become a sort of hologram. A moving picture.

  "That's quite beautiful." Eustace awed, his eyes tailored upon the beauty of the map. It started to come to life, and it seemed impossible.

  "It seems impossible you'd think it so." Retorted Harvey with a snigger.

  Eustace then fumbled with his words, pushing his original idea away. "I mean, for a make believe map of a male believe world."