Chapter 35. Forever an Assassin

The clock surfed on the tremors, and its hands clicked to the next stop.

Lucilline's eyes continued to widen, as his irises flooded with the currents of liquid gold. The same sentence of a low baritone voice continued to circulate throughout his mind. "I don't like it there. I am very happy that I came here and met you."

He laid his sight on the butler, who nervously stood there like a toddler waiting to be punished.

Lucilline found it quite amusing. He jumped out from his seat, standing face to face to the butler. Though Augustine was taller than him by a few heads, it did not decrease his sense of intimidation.

His long black hair fell back on his thin shoulders, and his bangs was tucked behind a pearly ear. As he walked closer, the butler inched backwards, unsure of what to do. The fragrance of light vanilla had exuded in the bed chamber. It floated like feathers drifting upon soft waters, with delicate threads of white knitted together, forming faint clouds.

"What are you scared of?" Lucilline inched closer.

Augustine sweated inwardly. He felt that his words earlier were a bit inappropriate. "I am very happy that I came here and met you." It sounded like an awkward confession, which neither of them were prepared for.

"I-" His eyes sank, and the silver glare of his irises diminished.

"I was wrong." Augustine blurted out the words with reluctance. "I didn't think properly before I said... that. It's just that I prefer this world over my original one..."

All of a sudden, a small smile fell on Lucilline's lips.

He cut off the butler, "I don't think you're wrong." Lucilline's eyes always held a mysterious glint, which nobody was capable of discerning. He stepped closer, slapping a hand onto Augustine's shoulder, having to reach his arm higher, "If you like it here so much, then stay here. Don't leave."

The butler hung down his head.

Shadows clouded over his face, making it difficult to see what expression was on that cold and handsome face of his.

All Augustine knew was that his eyes begun to sting, and a layer of mist clouded over those grey irises.

"...thank you." He choked out.

He extended out a hand, clutching onto Lucilline's gloved hand, which lingered on his shoulder. Augustine's short but fluffy black hair had hung down, with the bangs blocking his eyesight and forehead. His chin was sharp and rough, showing off the outlines of his handsome face.

Augustine held the gloved hand on his shoulder.

The black-haired nobleman just looked at him with a smile.

All of a sudden, a loud noise erupted from the backyard—"What the hell! What are the First and Second Young Masters doing? You can't set the table on fire here!" The voice was of absolute familiarity. Willow had returned back in the Rubius manor, her black and white dress swishing in the ashes.

Upon hearing the loud noise, Augustine hurriedly let go of Lucilline's hand.

The latter took back his hand, feeling the every wrinkle on his glove.

"The garden caught on fire! Get me a bucket of water!" Willow yelled, with a fierce emotion across her pale eyes.

Scarletta and Zephyratt looked at each other, "I'll get the water before you!" "No, I will!"

"Stop arguing!" Willow screamed. The two elder siblings ran off, like puppies with their tails wagging behind. When they returned with two buckets of water, Willow took the buckets and directly flung it onto the trees—which caught on fire.