Dance On My Own : That Voice, Those Eyes

Summary :

"Baby I called in the dead of night but you don't need me like I need you"

✿✿✿

"Good night guys", Sunghoon's soft voice called out. It was eight p.m at the Lee's and he had allowed two six year-olds to stay up for an extra hour.

That may have been a bad idea now that he carefully considered his own decision. Their mother would show up at any moment, that wouldn't be good, he was just a sucker for their cute little pouts and their large innocent eyes.

"Good night Sunghoon-hyung"
"Good night Sunghoon-oppa!", their tiny voices echoed.

He had just turned the light off and opened the door when he heard whispers coming from behind him.

"You know I can hear you", he said as he turned to switch it back on, "If I hear a single sound coming from you, I will not hesitate to butcher you. That's a promise!"

"You won't", Sunhee, the older of the two said as she grinned at her brother.

"Sunhee, no", he tried to be firm, "Minhee you better wipe that smile off of your face if you know what's good for you"

They laughed at him. He was not in the very least, frightening, at least that's how he appeared to them. He always wondered why some people said otherwise if even children seemed to like him.

"Oh, so you're laughing", and that's when he made it to Minhee's bed. He attacked him with light tickles and that was enough to have him release a mouthful of giggles and gasps.

His sister couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Don't think you're off the hook", Sunghoon declared as he did the same to the small girl.

That was a mistake. He left Minhee unguarded.

The little boy wasted no time to get off of his bed. He pounced onto Sunghoon's back, silently declaring himself as his sister's hero. He began to tickle the older with his tiny fingers. As his laughs were forced out of him, Sunhee decided to join him and together they managed to throw him off the bed.

After a bit of laughter and torture, he finally recovered and stood back up to tuck them in once again.

"Please try to sleep", he pleaded.

"But we're not tired"

"Your mother will be cross with me if she finds out that you aren't asleep", they frowned, "Alright, tell you what, you can watch my friend and I dance next time I come look after you, I can bring him with me"

With that they nodded eagerly and closed their eyes. It was funny to watch their eyelids twitch as they tried to fall asleep.

He turned off the light for the last time and closed the door behind him.

As he turned around, he came into contact with a hard object and fell to the ground.

"Sorry, it's my bad", a deep voice came from the figure that stood before him. A hand reached out to him, he grabbed it but he hesitated to get up.

That...that voice, it sounds...familiar.

He couldn't believe it. There was absolutely no way.

That voice.

It was of thick honey and velvet.
It was of the stars that stood with the moon.
It was of midnight walks in the park.
It was of peace and trouble.
It was of everything good and bad.

It was of unfinished words, hurt feelings and tears.
It was of motivation and happiness.
It was of understanding but most of all, it was of trust.

Trust that was broken.

He slowly looked up as he helped him off the cold floor and slowly met with a beautiful set of black eyes.

"Heeseung"

It wasn't a question. He knew it was him even under the dim lights of the large hallway.

✿✿✿

He couldn't take it. The same eyes that used to stare at him with fondness looked at him in confusion, thoughtfulness and hurt.

Sunghoon gasped when the hand around his own tightened the slightest bit. He looked down then up again into those eyes.

In a sudden movement he withdrew his hand, bringing it towards his own chest.

The older was silent.

Sunghoon waited for him to speak but no words came out of his mouth. He just stared at him like a lost phantom that's come into contact with something bright, something to light up it's cold body.

Sunghoon felt overwhelmed. The memories came crashing down, rushing through his brain, supplying his ever existent headache with more pain, clouding his mind.

He needed to breath fresh air, quickly, away from him.

"I..I can't do this", he ran, away from his reach. The older tried to grab him before he could leave but he was too late. Sunghoon was already trudging down the stairs.

"Sunghoon!", he called out. He ran after him.

If it wasn't for his sharp sight and his great sense of direction he would've tripped. He quickly grabbed his bag along with the car keys that he'd placed on the kitchen counter.

"Sunghoon!"

No no no no. Not here. Not now. Not him.

Just as he was near the door, it opened. Sunghoon almost ran into her.

"Whoa whoa whoa Sunghoon-ah, you good?", she asked him as she held him by the shoulders, preventing him from bumping into her.

"I-I'm sorry but I have to go", his voice held urgence, the only thing pushing her to let him go.

"Are you alright? I'll let you go but darling where are you rushing off to?"

"Um-"

"Sunghoon!", Heeseung came into view. He looked at his mother and to the boy who seemed restless in her hold.

"I'm so so sorry, I just need to go, I'll see you tomorrow"

He didn't give her time to respond or Heeseung a chance to reach him.

Sunghoon's keys shook in his hands as he lifted them up. He opened his car and and soon as he closed it the older was out of the house.

He shook his head multiple times before he willed himself to start the car and leave.

✿✿✿

"Hello?"

"Jakey?"

"Hey, what's up? Are you still babysitting cause you could come here. I'm going to Won's party"

"I-I can't"

"Wait, are you crying? Are you okay?"

"No, i-i..he's back"

"Who's back?"

"Heeseung"

Jake was silent for a while as he tried to process the new information. It was bad.

"Where are you?"

✿✿✿

• it was last week. I wrote something I was really proud of, I 'saved' it, I remember but guess what? Freakin' wp erased it and now I don't remember half of what I wrote. I wanna cry ☹️☹️☹️ I wanna throw my phone across the room.