Let Me Down Slowly : I'm Just Trying To Understand

Summary :

An angry Riki storms out of his father's house.

He enlists his favourite hyung for help.

He can't go back to his dad's home. That would mean he'd have to explain and he really doesn't want to burden Jay. He's already suffered enough.

Korean
English
Japanese

_★彡

"Am I overreacting?", he looked up from watching his own fingers fiddle with each other, it wasn't just a question for his company, it was also a question for himself.

Sunghoon took his time to answer. He adjusted himself in the driver's seat of his car and faced the younger man properly.

"Well, if you ask me, the one who's known your parents for a long time, I'd say you didn't, I honestly would've done worse", he chuckled, thinking back to the time he punched someone in the face. He earned a little smile from the younger male before he softly thrummed his nails against the steering wheel, "but, if I were anyone else, I'd probably think you went a little too far"

Riki frowned, of course he isn't fully on my side but who could really blame Sunghoon.

The man wanted to become one with his favourite sofa after a long day at work.

He did not think his late afternoon would involve picking up a call that would lead him in front of a large house with an angsty teenager slamming the front door shut.

He definitely did not expect the man he supposedly despised to come out from the same door while pleading for the boy to come back inside.

Riki was a fairly calm young man. He often controlled his actions however when it came to a certain man and his husband, he seemed to lose it.

"Listen kid, I know you're angry, you have every right to be but walking out like that, yelling like that..that was disrespectful and I don't think your dad is going to be very happy about that"

"Well..about that hyung", he stared at him nervously, "You know I love you very much, you're my favourit-"

"-Riki"

"Please don't tell him!", Riki said, cutting to the chase, "I was kinda hoping you'd let me stay at your place for a week"

"No"

"I'll just go back home after–"

"No"

"–and I'll come up with a convincing enough story"

"That's not advisable"

"–And..and it's not like they're really talking to each other so he wouldn't find out!"

"And you think your appa wouldn't mention how his enraged son stormed out of the house to him", Riki gave him a look and they both knew the chances weren't very high.

"Daddy can be scary, you know. Appa wouldn't take the risk"

"So you don't think Jake wouldn't mention it either. They're not as comfortable with each other yet which makes it a bigger possibility, he's probably feeling guilty right now", this had Riki thinking.

Well..

"Fuck"

"Yah! Language!", Sunghoon scolded. What are they teaching this kid?