⁰³breakfast

APRIL
CHAPTER THREE
"breakfast"

─────────────────

she didn't know what time it was, nor did she care.

it was her daily routine now. going to school, then music, then home, then just do whatever she felt like. sleep wasn't in her schedule. maybe, the occasional naps that happened out of exhaustion, but those only lasted an hour before nightmares came back. 

so she opted to staying up the whole time. 

taking her head phones off, she stood up from her drum stool, placing the head phones on the stand beside her electronic drum set. she wasn't allowed to have the actual drums, as it would cause too much noise in her neighbourhood. she she chose to get an electronic one, and managed to fix any sound issues that it provided.

a knock on her door caught her attention, walking towards it. opening it, she saw her neightbour, haruhi, standing there, in her school uniform. "morning haruhi."

"morning y/n-senpai." the girl smiled, entering as the woman allowed her to. "i've got some breakfast so that we could eat together. dad's dead asleep, and i want him to catch up on his sleep. i know you wouldn't make breakfast yourself so i decided to join you."

haruhi fujioka was y/n's neighbour. since moving in, the two girls, as well as haruhi's dad, had gotten along well, and were able to become close friends. albeit being younger than y/n, haruhi was very mature. she was an independent woman, and had a caring soul. since she found out about y/n's situation, she had been kind enough to bring the older girl some breakfast and help her sleep every now and then, which worked.

letting out a small laugh, the girl took the paper bag, ruffling the girl's short hair in the process. "thanks haru, and i don't need to eat breakfast. three cups of coffee is good for me."

the shorter girl sweat dropped. "that's unhealthy."

y/n shrugged. "majority of the stuff i eat is unhealthy." placing the plates down on the square table y/n had, the two took a seat opposite of each other. "ya don't need to worry about me haru-chan. i'll live."

"were you not able to sleep again? you know the doctor gave you some pills so that it can help you sleep..." the girl asked worriedly, placing some food onto her plate as y/n did the same.

"yeah, but i woke up three hours later." y/n answered, muttering a small 'ittadakimasu' before she began to eat. "you suit short hair. it's cute."

blushing lightly, the girl smiled. "thank you..."

"but isn't that the boys uniform? i'm glad you got into ouran, trust me, but why are you wearing the boys uniform?"

the girl let out a nervous chuckle. she hadn't told y/n what had happened on her first day, and its been a week since it happened. "i was mistaken as a guy on the first day, they made me wear this."

"but why didn't you protest? i'm not saying you look bad in the guy's uniform, but you look cuter in dresses and all." y/n asked, placing another spoon of rice in her mouth. as haruhi let out another nervous laugh, y/n narrowed her eyes at the girl. "what are you not telling me?"

"i accidentally broke something expensive that belonged to the host club of my school. i couldn't pay them back, so i'm in their club to pay my debt." the first-year explained, sighing in the process.

y/n's eyes widened. "eh? why didn't you just ask me to pay them back? you know i like spoiling you." the older girl grinned, resting her cheek on her fist as she looked at haruhi with a smirk.