Chapter 25.

(Sylvia in the picture. She's played by Francia Raisa)

~Bethany~

I looked up at this woman who I used to look to as a sister.

Who I thought I could tell anything to.

But who knew she'd be the first person to stab me in my back.

And all for a man.

To be honest, I hadn't totally forgiven August either.

I mean he almost had a child with this chick.

I was just glad he aborted it and didn't keep it because if he had, I don't think I'd ever speak to him again.

One thing I didn't understand, was why this backstabbing whore was standing in front of me.

"Why so surprised, puta? Not happy to see your best friend?"

I refused to let this bitch get to me.

I promised myself the day I graduated high school, I would leave that shy naive Bethany in that school and I'd be damned if I let her come back.

"I have half a mind to drag your ass across this damn beauty shop floor, but I'm better than that." I looked her up and down. "So if you'll excuse me..."

I stood and tried to side step her but she crossed her arms and slid back in the way.

"I don't want to fight with you, Bethany." Sylvia smiled."I want us to be friend-"

I slapped the S back into her mouth.

"Take your ass back wherever the hell you came from with that friend shit." By now the whole beauty shop was watching us. "We weren't friends when you were on my man's dick and we sure ain't friends now." My beautician motioned to me. "Dismissed, bitch."I started to walk to my beautician's chair until Sylvia said something that stopped me in my tracks.

"Bebé, your man isn't even your man if he was over my house yesterday." She said with a smug look. She laughed. "Oh but he didn't tell you did he? It looks like you and 'your' man need to have a little talk." She flipped her hair and strutted out.

Everything was dead silent until Carmen spoke.

"You need me to shank that bitch?" She held up a pen and some scissors.

"No. I'm good." I said rolling my eyes and sitting in Lila's chair.

"Chile, that little girl ain't got no class." She started rubbing through my hair and leaned down. "Or edges."

The entire beauty shop erupted with laughter and everyone went back to their individual conversations.

"So did y'all hear about Mrs. Johnson from down the street?" I zoned out as Carmen started her gossip.

What Sylvia said really bothered me.

Why would August be at her house?

I'd just have to ask him later because stress was one thing I didn't need right now.

I did trust August...

Right?

~August~

I stepped over the threshold and glared at her, taking a seat on the couch.

Big mistake.

She immediately slid onto my lap.

"Where is my father?"

"Oh don't worry about him, baby." She bit her lip."Daddy, I've been missing you. Can't nobody give me that loving like you do."

"Janice, back the fuck up."I pushed her onto the floor. "I ain't gone ask you again. Where the fuck-"

"Janice?" My father called as he walked in."Oh. Hey August. Baby, what's going on?"

Baby?

Ah hell nah.

I looked back and forth between the two in disbelief.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Janice smirked but didn't say anything and it was then I noticed the big ass ring on her left hand.

"What the fuck?! Dad, tell me you ain't marrying this bitch! How could you keep this shit from me?"

"I'm a grown ass man, August. I can do what the fuck I want whenever I want." He said calmly, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"You know what, fuck this. Where is my daughter? Serena!" I pushed past them and walked down the hallway.

All the rooms were empty.

I had had enough of this shit.

"Where is my daughter!?" I glared at both of them.

"Relax, ba-August."Janice corrected herself. "Her mother already came and got her."

"Why the fuck you ain't tell me that when I got here, you dumb bitch!" I took a step towards her but my father stepped in front of her.

I mugged him.

"You gone protect this hoe from me? Ya own flesh and blood?!" I shook my head. "Can't believe this shit."

"You know what, August? I've tried all your life to do good by you after everything you've done. You not about to come in my gotdamn house insulting my fiancé cause she turned you down. Yeah she told me."

I suddenly started laughing and held my sides.

This bullshit was hilarious.

"She told you that?" I chuckled. "If you believe anything this bitch tell you then you a dumb ass nigga. You gone lose yo relationship with your son, over some pussy. But you know what? Fuck both of y'all. I'm out." I chucked up a duece, slid my shades on and walked to my car.

Couldn't believe this shit man.

I knew Janice ass was crazy but damn...

I would need a big ass blunt for this shit.

I started the car when I received a text:

Pops: How could I do this to you? Ask ya mama bitch. You not even my real son lil nigga. Now who keeping secrets?