64 Dangerous Mind Game

TILLY felt exhausted after smiling for the emperor for more than twenty minutes. Thank goodness Emperor Aku let her use one of the parlors in his palace. Now she had the room all to herself. The royal maids also served tea for her a while ago.

[Tea is life here.]

Well, she needed refreshment again even though she just had tea with the emperor. Using her brain to come up with careful but witty retorts was very tiring. But at least, she picked up pieces of important information from their conversation.

First, the emperor also knew that she was a Fire Mage. He was probably aware of her heart, too. She wasn't really surprised because he was Princess Nia's twin brother and fiancé. Plus, he was the emperor. He couldn't be clueless of his surroundings.

[But the last thing he said is the most worrisome of all.]

His Majesty purposely told her that he was looking forward to meeting her son as a warning.

[He wants my son and that's the only reason why he's keeping me alive.]

That also meant that the emperor would kill her as soon as she gave birth to Winter.

[Scary.]

"Tilly?"

Tilly was startled when Kiho entered the parlor room. She blinked in surprise because she didn't hear him knock. "Oh."

"I've knocked several times, Tilly," Kiho said while walking towards her. "I got worried when you didn't answer so I went ahead and opened the door. I apologize for startling you."

"It's okay, hon," she said, then she tapped the space next to hers. "Come here."

He nodded, then he sat beside her. "The emperor's maid told me you were waiting here. Are you okay?" He touched her forehead with the back of his hand. "You look pale."

"I'm just tired."

"May I know what you talked about with the emperor?" he asked politely. "His Majesty didn't tease you, did he?"

[No, he just threatened my life.]

"His Majesty just wished me a safe pregnancy," she said. "He said he'll look after me in place of Her Royal Highness."

His face softened up. "Oh. That's nice of His Majesty."

It kind of hurt her to be reminded that Kiho trusted Emperor Aku. Well, she was confident that he would still choose her over His Majesty. But she knew that his choice would hurt him. After all, Kiho had a good relationship with the emperor.

"Do you want to rest here more or do you want to go home now?" her husband asked worriedly. "You look really tired, honey."

"I want to go home," she said. "Aren't you coming home with me?"

He shook his head. "Unfortunately, I still have a meeting with His Majesty. Today, he will officially assign Blake as the temporary captain of Black Serpent Knights. I also have to file my leave of absence, as well as the memo about Blake's new position."

She pouted. "You sound busy."

"Sorry, honey," he said apologetically, then he kissed her on the forehead. "I'll try to go home as early as I can."

"Kiho, can we go on a date tonight?" she asked him. "I don't care how late it is. I want us to go to a place where there would only be the two of us. Do you know a place like that?"

He nodded. "I'll ask my men to clean it up for us."

She shook her head. "Please don't. I don't want anyone else to know where we'll be meeting up tonight."