2.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

trigger warning - drug use

<2.5>
dream blunt rotation

LIKE PROMISED, PETUNIA HAD A rolled up blunt between her fingers as the group of boys surrounded her — watching her excitedly.

Outside, shivering on the rooftop of the home, the group of five let out small fits of giggles, trying to stay quiet for the few who were sleeping inside.

      The smell of weed strongly surrounded the area, but the five were far too gone to care — seemingly lost in their own conversations.

       "No— now wait a minute," Peter spoke loudly, earning a 'sh' in response, which he ignored. "Tall people are basically expected to help out short people — y'know, like if the shelf is too high.."

"Right."

        "But if.. lets say a tall person asks a short person to pick up something they dropped," He thought out loud, "That would be pretty offensive."

"Woah."

"Speaking of tall people," James continued on with the absurd thoughts, "Do you think urinals were made because a tall person looked at a sink and thought 'why not'."

"Mate, what?"

         "Okay, how about this," Sirius sat up, snapping his fingers, "A different version of you exists in the minds of everyone who knows you."

It got quiet.

          "Well damn, Padfoot," James laughed out, "Way too kill the vibe."

what a peculiar nickname, petunia thought.

          "My turn," She spoke next, her fingers messing with the wrap that now covered her arm, "If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?"

Once again, it got quiet.

Until a snort left James's mouth.

       "Actually, Tuna," he responded thoughtfully, "Why don't you assign us our animals?"

She perked up at that.

       "Okay!" She gave a toothy smile, turning towards James, "You first.." She started, studying him closely. "Probably a.." her brows furrowed, "sheep.." she stated easily. And as he gave her a questioning look, she simply ignored it, looking at Remus next.

      "You are a.." she tapped her chin, "beaver.." she stated unsatisfied. But as Remus smiled at it, she decided not to change her mind.

"Goldfish," She simply pointed at Peter.

       And as she finally looked at Sirius, who had a triumphant smile on his face, she quickly matched it. "Chihuahua." She stated quickly, watching him frown, "Because... it just makes sense..."

He rolled his dilated eyes.

"Sooo, what's mine?"

They all stared at her.

"You really need to ask.... Tuna?"

"I hate it here."

        A pink glow flowed on the horizon of England, and Petunia was stirring awake — comfortably in her bed.

       After some struggle to get off the roof the previous night, both James and Remus helped the girl to her room. Though, as they accidentally knocked over a lamp.. and then a picture on the wall, they almost questioned if they were helping.

     But nonetheless, Petunia was still thankful. And she was even more thankful as Remus reread the instructions of his medicine for her scar, while James messily tucked her in — placing a sloppy kiss on her forehead — making her face form to disgust.

He cheekily smiled in response.

    "—And don't forget to apply it once in the morning and once at night," Remus dramatically read out, before placing it on her nightstand, "Then you should be all healed up in a week!"

      "Thank you.. Remus," She smiled warmly at him, "I'm sorry for ruining your first day here."

Remus chuckled.

      "I've had far worse days," He pushed away her words, "You didn't ruin anything, trust me."

And so she did.

        And once the boys bidded goodnight, quietly tiptoeing out of her room before switching off the light, Petunia stopped them once more — remembering past words that were told to her.

"Can I ask you something?"

They nodded in unison.

"Would you consider me a... friend?"

        The silence between her question and their answer only was a split second, but as her anxiety flowed through her — it felt like hours.

"Of course."

Petunia smiled in the darkness of her room.

"Good night."

"Good night... Tuna."

just a fun lil chapter for everyone<3
P.EVANS + J.POTTER