W

WESTON

WESTON

When it comes to her, time wasn't such a big deal.

I've waited for more than ten years for her to give me attention. I've waited another five years, making her available to every other pursuants, because I wanted her to choose freely. Gusto kong magfocus muna siya sa sarili at bigyan siya ng oras para isiping mabuti kung ako nga ba talaga. Kasi sa'kin, sigurado na akong walang iba kung'di siya.

I was damn worried all the time though, especially since Caspian still asks her out on takoyaki dates and Kairo appears everywhere.

But if she'd pick them... if she finds them more ideal than me... then I would let her be happy. Even if that happiness will shatter my heart and my happiness.

But what's a few more years of watching her from afar when I've survived the early years of my love?

I guess it's weird to feel anxious when she puts more effort to me than everyone else. But going up against Caspian and Kairo was a big deal. They were beloved by many. Kairo is a challenge for women while Caspian is an ideal husband... and me? I'm very boring. I study and work most of the time, dedicating any free time to my family and friends.

That's why I was the happiest man alive when we were officially together.

"No need, Wes." aniya pagkatapos ng limang minutong saya ko. "Already in a relationship..."

I frowned, unable to recall a time the two of us were in any relationship. I just asked her to be my girlfriend which she answered with a quick yes, so I don't understand why she added that.

Alam kong wala siyang nakasintahan dahil wala pang nabubugbog si Kairo nang malala. I also don't have any girls... I don't have time to look at them because I'm busy waiting for her.

"Already in a what?"

She raised her gaze from the paper she was doing and gestured at the two of us. "Tayo. Last five years..." when I didn't answer, she pursed her lips. "Weren't dating?"

Napanguso siya nang hindi pa rin ako makasagot. In order to prevent my queen from sulking, I got up from the chair and hugged her from behind. Her warmth and the lovely scent of her hair will always invite me to stay for long hugs. I would never get tired of being given the chance to hold her for my entire life.

I mean... since kami na... hindi na makakawala ang babaeng 'to.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, kissing her hair. "I told you I'd wait five years before I officially court you, right?"