𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶. pasko.

Chapter 17: Christmas.

"I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater." 

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Snowdrops everywhere, a cold breeze engulfing her, and a Christmas song being sung by the caroling, elevating everyone's Christmas spirit.

It's been weeks since May's drowning experience, and it's still haunting her. It's also been weeks since she went to Hanan's room to assist her in caring for Harry when he's inebriated on her father's birthday.

"May darling, are you ready?" Harry's voice startled her, and she shifted her eyes from the balcony where she was standing to where her husband was—-beside their nightstand, wearing the watch that May had given to him during their first Christmas together as a married couple.

"Yeah, I am," May replied as she closed the door from their balcony; they were on their way to May's parents' house to celebrate Christmas as usual. Her mother still practices the Filipino tradition of meeting with family, eating so many meals that it feels like a fiesta, and attending church to honor the birth of Christ.

Harry was aware that Hanan aided May in caring for him while he was intoxicated on Elias' (May's father's) birthday, and he felt guilty when Hanan informed him about it. May never mentioned it, and she doesn't want to, but Hanan did in the hopes of awakening his senses.

He was sorry, of course, but May shrugged it off as if it were nothing, but both of them knew it wasn't; it was something that would stain their cold marriage, turning it into a hard rock.

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Following the conclusion of the mass, the Fallons and Potters returned to the Elias and Chesa's home to celebrate Christmas. As they walked towards Fallon's house, they were welcomed by a snowdrop on their coat they were wearing as they exited the Church, the breeze was freezing, and the neighborhood was singing a Christmas carol, most of which were classics such as 'Jingle Bells,' 'Feliz Navidad,' and others.

May tugged on her sweater, covering the dress she was wearing underneath, as the chilly breeze touched her skin, sending shivers up her spine. Harry saw it and instinctively wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Your sweater looks familiar," Harry spoke as they approached the Fallon's house. The two-story house where the Fallon sisters grew up is still the same, with the black fence and vast space where they occasionally run with each side having a different type of plant.

They entered through a light brown door with a grey wall and a welcome mat before entering the kaleidoscope of memories of the Fallon family, with picture frames of the family lining the grey wall of the house, some of which were moving pictures and some of which were simply muggle photos.

Mayari remembered the arched window she had in her room in here before, the light from the sun streaming through it and illuminating the wooden floor she had, it was always soothing, especially since her walls were a sepia hue.

The sepia hue has always been interwoven in her soul, like DNA in her body, always linked. The color reminds her of golden rays of sunlight and the color of her eyes, which is as beautiful as the earth's root.

"It's yours," May replied, her voice as frigid as the snow, taking off her sweater and placing it on the racks of jackets. She walks up to her mother to assist her in preparing the food they'll have for lunch.