Chapter Sixty Two

"Where is she? Where's Freja?" Clarice asked in a panic. "How long have I been out? Was I drugged?"

"Claire, calm down love. Freja is in her room... also restrained. You're both fine, but Anastasia had you guys knocked out. She was terrified." Severus spoke calmly.

"Can you get me out?" She asked. He nodded and waved his hand to let the restraints disappear. "The potion?"

"It's doing its job. You made it correctly. I'm quite impressed." He chuckled while embracing her.

"What's to happen now?" She asked.

"There's still twenty six days of the moon cycle..." He trailed off into thought.

"Sev?" She snapped him back.

"Sorry... I assume you're staying." He spoke.

"I assume you're not." Clarice said sadly.

"You know I'll visit when I can." He replied.

"How's Eli?"

"Living life. Aggie has been spoiling him..." Severus replied.

"And his magic?" She asked and Severus actually looked down. "What? What happened?"

"When he has tantrums... everything breaks." He said. Clarice's eyes almost popped out of her head.

"What?!"

"His tantrums are extreme. No one has ever seen anything like it. Aggie was beside herself." Severus said. Clarice sighed; she misses him terribly.

"Sev? Why don't we have Eli come stay with me for a little bit." She suggested.

"If you think it's safe, I can arrange that." He kissed her temple. The thought of having her son with her during these times made her relax.

Clarice was quick to get ready, placing her black boots on, she hiked out to wear the ritual had taken place. She didn't however, expect to see another person there.

"Freja?" Clarice called out. She turned around, realizing she was no longer alone. She smiled faintly before rushing to give Clarice a hug.

"Oh Claire, I've been wanting to talk to you, but I feel so embarrassed about what happened. I... I don't even remember..." Freja trailed off.

"It's okay... I don't remember a thing either. It must have to do with the blood pact." Clarice thought.

"Perhaps... I just had to come see for myself." She gestured to the broken cauldron that spilled dirt. Clarice nodded while peering into it. Inside stood a plant, about eight inches off the ground.

"I cant believe we pulled it off." Clarice shook her head in disbelief.

"Wild. This whole thing is wild. And we have to wait a whole moon cycle for this thing to grow?" She huffed.

"It's going to be a long month." Clarice said.

"What do you think we should do in the meantime?" Freja asked.

"Well... my son is coming to stay with me. I'm not quite sure what we should do. Just exist, I suppose." Clarice shrugged her shoulders.

"We'll take it one day at a time." Freja looped her arm into Clarice's and the pair made their way back to the castle.

Days had gone by at this point and Severus had dropped Elio off with Clarice. He didn't stay long, but Severus truly wished he could have. With the second task creeping up, he had to make sure Harry had what he needed. Clarice made him promise to help him out.

Severus' birthday came and went and Clarice was disappointed he didn't come and see her so they could spend time together. She had sent his gift with her owl, it wasn't much, but knew he'd appreciate the ingredients she had foraged for in the woods nearby. She made a mental note to get him something special when she could go to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.

Elio and Aubree were playing in the parlor together, the two were getting along great and Clarice watched them laugh at their sillyness. Aubree seemed mesmerized by Elio and his gifts. Clarice grew anxious as the full moon passed and the tree grew passed her in height.

More days passed and Clarice found herself growing bored most days. For this was hands down the most boring days of her life. She couldn't imagine how Freja and Anastasia lived like this for so long.

Even though he promised he would visit, Severus didn't get around as much as he would've liked. Clarice would never say it to him, but she was frustrated with him. Work always got the best of him.

It wasn't until the final day of the moon cycle when he walked through the door.

"Claire?" He called out, there was no response.

He checked every room before coming to the conclusion no one was home.

He trekked back out into the harsh February cold and found himself walking. His eyes scanning his bracelet, making sure it wasn't glowing.

He spotted the group in the distance.

"Claire? Eli?" He called out which caused them all to spin around.

"Oh Sev, honey," Clarice rushed him and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"What are you all doing out here?" He asked.

"Waiting," She replied.

"For?"

Clarice sighed.

"For something to happen!" She pointed to the tree.

As she began to get worked up, the leaves on the tree began to glow along with the roots. Everyone cautiously stepped backwards as flowers began to bloom around them and various fruits hung from the tree now.

"Claire... look." Severus pointed to the roots and she noticed a large brown leather book entangled in the earth. She bent down to try and retrieve it and as her hand touched the roots, they recoiled and allowed her access to obtain it. Brushing off the dirt, she read aloud.

"The Black Book of Carmarthen," She spoke while opening the cover and seeing 'Merlin' scribbled on the inside.

Just then the group heard people laughing and talking. They followed the noise down to the town and saw the shops and cafes were filled with other witches.

"We did it. The curse is broken." Freja almost laughed in relief.

"So what's up with the book then?" Anastasia asked.

"I'll have to give it to my grandma. I think this is why she sent me." Clarice said while smiling to Severus.

"Does this mean we get to go home now?" He asked and she nodded.

"Let's go home."