Chapter Thirty

Roxy's tail was lashing angrily once Chica had finished. Roxy stood up, her ears twitching. "Chica, he's lying!!!"
"Who?" Chica was taken aback at how angry she was. 
"FREDDY! He's obviously lying and just using you!!! He's probably the one who put the stupid button on Sun and Moondrop," Roxy growled, her yellow eyes glowing. 

Chica stood to his defense. "No way! We were watching him!"
"Were you, though? I mean this in no offense, Chica, but you can be so gullible."
Chica's eyes widened but the wolf went on. "I know you believe everyone deserves second chances but Chica, open your eyes! He decommissioned Bonnie, partnered with Vanessa, AND SET A TRAP FOR YOU! Did he even apologize? Freddy does NOT deserve another chance."

Chica lowered her gaze, all hope of earning her trust fading. Roxy's eyes softened. "I'm sorry, but this is the truth. You need to tell him. And if you can't, I can say it for you."
Chica looked up at her. The sadness in her eyes felt like knives stabbing into Roxy's chest. 

Roxy shook away her guilt. She knew she was right. "If Freddy was with Vanessa, there's no way she'd let him go. My guess? This is another trap."
Chica let out a sigh. "I just... I couldn't help but think of every fun time we had together."
Roxy pulled her into a hug. "I know. Me too."

Chica accepted the hug until Roxy let her go. "Will you be able to stand up to Freddy?" Roxy asked, looking straight into her eyes.
Chica hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Yes. I'll do it. But first, the Moon situation."

"Right," Roxy agreed, stopping to think for a moment. 
"Let's just do it the way we did before," Chica suggested. "I mean, it worked for all of us!"
Roxy nodded. "We can try. Gregory, come with us, but stay at a distance."
Gregory nodded obediently. 

"Good," Roxy opened the door they came from. "Let's go then."