Chapter 41

Hot scorching day.

It was indeed one. Amarha's vision was darkening for she felt extremely dehydrated. She just wanted to go home and sleep for a while. But she didn't have time for that, for sleep.

Amarha sat in the waiting area for the driver who was pretty late today saying that it was traffic. Even tho she was sitting in an air conditioned room, she still felt herself unable to fight the warm moist weather.

As she received a text message, she left the building of hospital and got to the parking lot where she recognised their family car and stepped forward. From the shadow of building to underneath the glaring sun, she felt the sudden change in temperature. If it wasn't for the cold room she had just stepped out from, her head wouldn't have started to ache.

"Chacha, let's go it's late."

Amarha said, just as she sat in the car.

"Bibi, a strike has been broken in the city. Do you want me to take another track?"

"Okay. Of course, chacha."

***

"C'mon Zaman. Wake up or else you will miss the Asar Prayer." Amarha shook his shoulder.

She was making Iftar in the oven like hot kitchen and he was sleeping peacefully in the chilly bedroom. Nice.

She placed her hands on her hips. For a moment she wanted to sleep in that bed too.

Diverting her mind, she grabbed the remote and turned off the AC.

"Let's offer prayer together." She sat down on the edge of the bed. Physically, she looked really weak to him as he gazed at her and pushed himself up in the sitting position.

"Did I miss the jama'at?"

Amarha nodded. "Offer it at home. I will go, see the rice."

"You said that we will offer together."

"Yes, but I need to check on the food on stove. Can't risk it. Next time, Okay." She stood up, uttering those words as if the guy in front of him was a toddler.

Why she had to be so motherly? Zaman didn't know.

After offering prayer, Zaman came downstairs.

"Is everything ready? It's only half an hour to go."

"Yes. I am just frying the pakorras. I have dished out the rice and raita."

He rubbed his forehead. "Okay...can I help?"

"Thank you." She politely smiled, "I am just wrapping up."

It was twenty minutes left when Amarha got the tray ready and covered it with a clothe. Zaman held the tray and they went to his parents home from the metal door in their yard.

Amarha held a smaller tray and placed it on the bench for the two gaurds. Even tho Amarha knew, they used to bring themselves Iftar from market yet she took out some food for them separately as this Holy month is a time to improve yourself and be gentle and kind towards others.

Who knows that which one of your small deeds will hold the power to change your whole life with the mercy of ALLAH.

Zaman held the door for her with his foot as she came inside, to his parents' courtyard.