45 | lips

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, wearing the dress for the party tonight

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, wearing the dress for the party tonight. It's a black dress with a deep V neck, and it reaches down the middle of my thighs.

I bought this dress with Sienna a few months ago and I always think that it's quite revealing, but I don't know when I would be wearing this if it weren't tonight. I love this dress, though.

But damn, why is it so difficult to zip the backside?

The way I'm wearing this dress now only exposes my chest even more. I've been struggling to zip the backside of the dress for the past few minutes but fail.

A knock on the door startles me. I snap my head toward it.

"Nevaeh." It's Aiden's voice. "Dinner is ready. Are you not coming out?"

Oh Gosh, I've been too caught up with dressing up for this party that I forgot to tell Aiden. Tonight, I won't be having dinner with him.

I glance at my watch, noticing that Ash and Maya will arrive soon to pick me up in the apartment lobby. I feel sorry because Aiden has been waiting for me to have dinner together.

"Nevaeh?" Another knock echoes, and I gulp.

Should I let him in or should I not?

I'm aware of how inappropriately this dress clings to my body right now, but I actually need his help.

"Come in." My voice is a bit shaky as I answer him.

Aiden opens the door, and when he sees me, he freezes. His eyes widen.

"Uh, I need your help," I say.

He watches me struggling with the zip, and my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"I'm going to a party tonight, but I'm having trouble with this dress," I say, expecting him to come closer and help me.

Yet, he stays still on the spot, as though he's still trying to absorb what's happening.

"Aiden?" I call, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He quickly composes himself and walks toward me. A frown, however, touches his lips.