Chapter 17

A/N: AHHHHH SORRY HERE'S THE UPDATE

ALSO THE SONIC MOVIE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 100/10

ENJOY THE CHAPTER, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PARTS-

(Y/N) was sneaking around through the building, keeping her eyes on the cameras as they systematically moved from left to right. She and Sonic had split from the entrance only a few minutes ago and her part of the mission seemed to be going well. Aside from, of course, the confusing layout. She had memorised the map, yet everything felt like it had been mirrored.

Maybe everything that had happened with Sonic was getting to her mind and she'd forgotten the proper layout, it was probably messing up a lot in her mind right now. She thought about the conversation the two had before this mission, before shaking her head. Now's not the time to think about it, she was here for her family, not to dwell on the hedgehog. Even still, with everything being switched, it was confusing. Every left was right, and every right was left.

Whatever, it didn't matter, because she was still getting through the building, and she was going to do her best to focus on saving her family. Or, in her case, download all the information from Eggman's computer that she could. Sonic was doing the actual saving.

Finally, the (a/t) arrived at the door she believed lead into the computer room. She took a moment to lean on it, pressing her ear to the door and listening for any sounds of electronics, or a person being on the other side. She waited, and after a while of silence, decided it was safe for her to continue. Stepping back, she properly studied the door, seeing a lock around the handle. Using her grappling hook, she managed to bend and snap the lock off, pushing the door open with a squeak. She snuck into the room.

The first thing she noticed was how dark it was, no glowing lights or buttons from any control panels. The second thing she noticed was the door closing behind her, plunging her into darkness with a light 'click'. It took a moment, but (Y/N)'s eyes adjusted to the light, and she was relieved to see that there was some glow being emitted from cables laying across the floor. They sat in a tangled mess, and the (a/t) takes them as a good sign of a powerful computer being close by. Carefully stepping over them, she followed the cables deeper into the darkness.

It was hard to see in the unlit room, so when the (a/t) felt something move against her foot, she let out a scream, jumped and tripped over the cables, and landed in a large pile of them. It was a rather uncomfortable fall, and she let out a groan, holding her head. Why was this place so dark?

As if taking her question as a cue, bright white lights came on above her, lighting up the whole room. (Y/N) flinched at the sudden light change, lifting an arm above her head as her eyes adjusted. She tried to take in the room around her now that it was lit up. Instead, her attention was caught by a wall, the white tiles turning into a large screen, and suddenly the (a/t) found herself face to face with Eggman's large moustache. The evil doctor let out a bellowing laugh,

"Like my little surprise?"

"What... What do you mean?" (Y/N) asked, slowly getting to her feet.

"Everything." The doctor said, "The base, the map, the rooms. I had planned all of this from the start, I left that map for you and that blasted hedgehog, Sonic, to find. I even made it possible for you to find this base. And then I heard your little conversation in that tree outside a week ago, and I finally hatched my plan. It's been a while since Sonic has had a romance, I'm awfully happy to grasp at such an opportunity."

(Y/N) tilted her head, wondering what he meant by that, but she stopped herself, trying to stay focused. Sonic didn't matter now, her family did.

"Where are they?!" She asked, probably more aggressively than intended.