Chapter 23

Childe panted hunched back as he tried to catch his breath. Meanwhile, his opponent was still in the same place as he was when they started.

Ichiro hasn't moved from his position ever since they started. He kept defending himself and throwing a few offensive attacks while staying in place while Childe was practically gasping for breath.

"So you're saying that I really was supposed to try and destroy Liyue?" Childe asked as he sat down on the ground.

"Yes." Ichiro answered as he summoned a water bottle and handed it to Childe who gratefully took it.

"So I didn't do anything wrong?" Childe asked as Ichiro gave him a soft smile. "No, you did your part perfectly." He said as Childe let out a small smile.

"Still. You could have at least informed me." Childe said as he stood up. "Well if I did, I don't think that the plan would have been executed as beautifully as it was today. I didn't really peg you for the acting type of person rather, you're more of a head first type of person." Ichiro explained.

Childe let out a breath. "What now?" He asked as Ichiro thought for a bit.

"If I remember correctly, Signora will be going to Inazuma soon where she'll be meeting with Scaramouche." Ichiro informed him.

"What about you? You're not going with her?" Childe asked as Ichiro shook his head. "No, I'm not really welcome in Inazuma." Ichiro muttered.

" 'Not really welcome' isn't really the word I'd use in our situation. More like 'threatened to lock up Inazuma with us inside of it' kind of thing." Ruichiro muttered.

"I'll be in Snezhnaya for the mean time but I will be going to Inazuma in their final stages of the plan." Ichiro told him as Childe nodded along.

"Then I guess this is goodbye?" Childe asked as he held his hand out for a handshake. Ichiro stares at his hand before smiling. He takes Childe's hands and brought him in to a brotherly hug.

"I'm more of a 'see you later' type of person." Ichiro said before releasing Childe from the hug.

"I'll give your family your regards." Ichiro said before they both parted ways.

Up 'till now, Ichiro and Rosalyne had been ignoring the elephant in the room. Or rather in this situation, the bun in the oven, whatever you prefer.

So now, here they both are, back at the docks of Liyue Harbor about to part ways once again.

"You gonna be alright?" Ichiro asked as Rosalyne nodded. Both of them hadn't had a proper conversation ever since they found out.

After a few moments of silence, Rosalyne sighed. "Can we talk about this after the mission? Honestly I'd want to talk about this right now but..." Rosalyne trailed off as Ichiro nodded.

"Of course, come back safely yeah? We still have to celebrate our 400th anniversary." Ichiro teased as Rosalyne let out a small smile as she looked around in case someone saw them.

It was currently dawn so nobody but them and the fatui agents, who had their backs turned to the couple, going with Rosalyne to Inazuma were by the docks.

"Yes, I believe you even owe me a romantic dinner since the last time we celebrated-"

"-I blew up the restaurant, yes I remember." Ichiro cut off Rosalyne who let out a quiet chuckle.

"It wasn't even my fault. I thought that they were the ones who stole from our storage, they had the same items as the ones we have missing. And not to mention, I happened to be right." Ichiro tried to defend himself.