Chapter 50.

August has been really going all out for Becca's birthday. He took her to get a hot stone massage, he took her to a paint and wine place, they went out to eat to a restaurant facing the lake. It was really nice.

"Im so tired babe," Becca said as she leaned againt the wall while stepping out her shoes.

"Why are you always tired? You ain't pregnant are you," August laughed as he was about to hand her a glass with wine in it.

"Yeah right," she laughed grabbing the glass. "You know I'm on birth control silly and even though it's not really a form a protection, your pull out game is very strong."

They died laughing.

"I know, I know," he said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the back balcony door.

Their laughing died down and became a little quiet as they looked at the lake watching the sunset.

"And what if I was. What would you do," she said out of curiosity.

He thought for a minute as they sat down on the bench facing the lake,"to be honest it's not the best time for a baby," he said thinking about the fact Cam is back and him thinking trying to move to Atlanta to get the business started up again. "However, if God blessed us with a baby I would be so happy." He said smiling at her.

She smiled too as she thought about the idea of a baby. But then she remembered August saying it wasn't the best time.

She was about to say something but it was as if August was reading her mind so he spoke before she could speak up,"I said its not the best time because we are getting married and because of some other things, but I'll talk to you later about it."

She looked worried, "Is everything thing okay?"

"Yes and no," he contemplated if he should say anything else. "Look baby, there are things I need to talk to you about. I probably should have talked about it before I asked you to marry me."

She looked deep into his eyes, "I don't think there is anything that you could say to change my mind about marrying you August. So tell me what's wrong."

August stayed quiet for a moment gathering his thoughts, "okay but let me roll one real quick for this conversation." He kinda laughed to himself, "let's get in the hot tub. I'll be there in a few minutes."

She nodded and walked away to put her bathing suit.

He walked in behind her to put on his swimming trunks and to get his stash then walked to the dining room to sit and roll a nice fatty. As he lined the tree up in the leaf he thought about what he was going to say. He wasn't planning on saying anything until the new year but now that's changed.

He walked towards the hot tub as he continued running the blunt through his lighter flame to dry it.

"You smokin' with me tonight," he said getting in the bubbling hot water.

"No not tonight," she said grabbing her glass of wine. "I'm just going to sip on this tonight."

He nodded his head as he put the blunt to his lips and lit it.

Becca watched as the end of the blunt burned orange, smoke filling the air. The smell of the weed mixed with the grape scented leaf  that burned enticed her.

"So what's up," she said sitting across from him.

"Where do I begin," August said running his hand through his soft short curls.

"Start from the beginning duh," Becca laughed.

August splashed her,"Well I'll start with this." He blew out smoke, "when I was younger, I was a drug dealer for Cam and... your ex Trey was my partner and best friend in the game."