Prologue

میں نے پکارا، کوئ ہے؟
غم نے کہا، میں مستقل۔

***

I called if someone was there?
Sorrow whispered; I'm here, forever.

***

The dirty floor was ice cold as she bundled her feet in her ghagra (long fancy skirt). Her skin was freezing as she rubbed her arms for some warmth. The back of her nose tickled but she refused to cry. 

She prayed to God to save her from his lethal clutches. She wasn't even at fault. Her life was already miserable but she was coping up until now. She didn't want to be the ruins of this storm.

She was whacking her mind over and over again but ended up with nothing.

Her heart jostled and lurched to her mouth when the door burst open with such vicious force that it banged against the wall and made a loud menacing noise that crashed through the tensed air.

She stumbled to her feet, her legs already trembling in fear when her eyes met with the dark intense ones of her captor.

This time he didn't start with a verbal inquiry. Instead, he opted straight for her, prowling towards her like a crazed beast who was ready to rip her soul apart.

Her eyes darted to the open door over his shoulder. 

Run, Hooriya. This is your chance.

Her mind screamed and she did exactly that. He was lunging straight for her but she grabbed fistfuls of her ghagra (long fancy skirt) and ran along the wall, hoping she could escape if she ran with all she got.

His hand whipped in her direction but his fingers only stroked through the hair tips of her long tresses. He cussed.

But her ears were ringing with adrenaline as her main goal was to get out of the room.

Runaway, so far away from this beast of a man. Who was punishing her for the crime she didn't commit.

Just a little more... "Ahhh..." She screamed in hysteria when a muscular arm of steel wrapped around her belly and she was yanked back into a hard body.

Her hands were in the air as if she were trying to grab something, tears brimmed her eyes when she saw several men standing outside the door. 

It was of no use. He'll be more enraged now. 

The door was slammed shut. And next thing, all the breath was knocked out of her system when her back was slammed hard against the metal door, causing her to wince in pain.

Her eyes were still closed as she was coming back from the rough impact when she jolted badly as he punched the door and the metal door rattled viciously; she felt the vibration at her back.

Her greenish-brown eyes snapped open and she wished she would've kept them close because when her eyes met his obsidian ones that had wrath swarming in them had her heart galloping to her throat.

He was hovering over her like a huge beast. Jaw clenched and nose flaring in fury. A cold chill of absolute terror ran down her spine just by the thought; what if it was her face where his punch landed?

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." He drawled, and anxiety churned in every cell of her being. Her gaze dropped down, she couldn't match that intense gaze, her arms wrapping around her trembling frame as she tried to cover the exposed skin.

Hugging herself to give comfort and assurance that everything will be fine but who was she kidding?

This man would kill her, then also he won't be satisfied and would torment her corpse. Just for the crime, she never committed.

"Pathetic," He hissed and she tried not to flinch but it wasn't in her control.

"I should reward you for attempting to run," He snickered, his ragged hot breath fanned her face and her heart dropped down into the depths of darkness where even the air crackled with sheer trepidation.

"S..sorry..." She croaked out, her voice hoarse.

A tear trickled down her fluffy cheek which was stained with dirt. The droplet left a mark behind on its trail as his dark eyes followed the driblet moving down her neck, she blinked and a few other drops joined that same trail, and now that teardrop fondled down the edge of her collarbone. He watched in stillness as the tear finally submerged at the neckline of her blouse and that was when he noticed where her hands were.

The evil in him perked up as he took a step back. He noticed how the beautiful pixie took in a sharp breath. She was holding her breath when he was close.

His eyes darted down her small toes peeking through her heavy ghagra (long fancy skirt). His eyes paused at her stomach which she was covering with her dainty arm.

"Hands behind your neck, now." He rasped, his voice not the usual angry one. This time it came out deeper, huskier. 

Her big anime eyes met his dark ones and her face paled. She gave an imperceptible shake of her head. 

Rebellion?

Captivating. He likes it.

"Didn't you hear me?" He gritted the words out, his face tipping closer. 

She pressed her lips in a thin line. Her chin quivered and the flow of her tears hyped up. 

First time seeing a whore act like an angel in front of Satan.

She again shook her head.

Stubborn much.

"Fine then," He growled.

His hands moved behind his back and he towed out his gun. Her eyes zeroed in on the deadly weapon in his hand and now she looked even more terrified.

He placed his big palm on the door right beside her head, leaning in on her. Intimidating her.

He sensually caresses the nozzle of his gun on her forehead then linger it down to her temple, cheek, lips, and then finally tucked it under her chin forcing her face up.

His eyes roved her face as he reveled in her features, sip by sip. Her brows were furrowed together. Those thick black lashes curtained her high cheekbones. Her small button nose; all red at the tip. Her fluffy cheeks were kissed with dirt and tears. Her trembling plump lips were chapped and set in a thin line.
The continuous quivering of her chin spoke volumes of her innocence.

She was anything but that.

He roughly shoved his gun more and her eyes snapped open. Her big greenish-brown eyes stared at him with pure apprehension swarming in them.
He slanted in closer and she flinched, bracing herself for the assault as he deliberately breathed near the shell of her ear causing her breath to flinch.

"Haath hatao warna tor dunga," (Remove your hands or else I'll break them.) He menaced.