[ 20 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY
- FALL IN LOVE AGAIN -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"What is it, Sunghoon? What do you need to be honest about?" Jiwoo asked softly.

"I love you."

Jiwoo her head shot up, "What?!"

Jake looked up, shocked, at the two people and saw Jiwoo sitting there with eyes widened, her body frozen in shock. His mouth fell open in surprise when Sunghoon said that.

He could have expected it after Sunghoon kissed her on the lips this same morning, but he had expected that to be out of jealousy, not infatuation.

Was Sunghoon making a joke now?

"I love you," Sunghoon repeated again.

Jiwoo turned her head towards Sunghoon and saw him lying on her shoulder.

"I must honestly say that I have loved you all this time," Sunghoon continued, "When you dragged me down the stairs, I looked at you and saw nothing but a beautiful girl and wanted to be with you."

The girl smiled and a red blush appeared on her cheeks. Her hands reached her face and she poked her cheek with one finger, her cheek was burning.

"Strangely, I felt weird tickles in my stomach when I was with you. Jay told me they were butterflies, a sign of falling in love. Then I knew, I had an agreement not to fall in love again, but you made me forget this agreement. Jiwoo, I love you, sincerely."

"You're lying, aren't you?" Jiwoo gulped.

Sunghoon lifted his head and released Jiwoo. He made a few steps forward and faced her, "Why would I lie?" He asked as he stared in her eyes.

Jiwoo looked back at him, "Because you are Park Sunghoon."

Sunghoon chuckled, gently grabbed Jiwoo's chin with his thumb and index finger and slowly turned her head to the side. He leaned his head forward slightly and gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

He then leaned back and released her chin, "Do you believe me now?"

Jiwoo turned her head back to Sunghoon and swallowed. She saw his wide smile on his face, causing her lips to slowly begin to curve as well.

"I suppose that smile means yes," Sunghoon said as he grabbed Jiwoo's hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

Jake, who was still sitting by himself further down the classroom, stood up, "I'll leave you two love birds alone." He spoke as he walked towards the door without looking at the two.

Jiwoo looked up at Jake, "Jake, what are you doing?" She asked. "Why don't you stay? We have to stay in detention too."

Jake stopped in his walk and looked back at Jiwoo, who was looking at him, "Then I'll just get a punishment from the principal. I just don't want to disturb you guys, okay?" Jake said coldly as he turned his head away and walked out of the classroom.

The girl wiggled her hand out of Sunghoon's and stood up, "Jake wait-"

She still tried to run towards Jake, but Sunghoon grabbed her hand which stopped her from her action she wanted to perform. Jiwoo turned her head toward Sunghoon.

"He'll be back, don't worry." Sunghoon said soothingly.

Jiwoo sighed softly, "Are you sure?" She asked as she looked up at Sunghoon.

Sunghoon slowly nodded up and down, "I'm sure."

Jiwoo bit her lower lip briefly and looked back at the door one last time, but Jake had indeed already disappeared. And Jiwoo knew him, he's not coming back anyway. If he acts like this, he's angry, or jealous or maybe exhausted as he said earlier in the classroom.

But at least something was not right...

-

A/N: Short chapter since I am currently a bit stressed about the amount of school work I have to do.
        Updates might take a little longer than before! Sorry for that :(
        I hope you all are doing well by the way and please take care! Love you all so much <33
        XXX Lili !!