Chapter 1: One Red Rose (341-342)

You probably know that red roses symbolize love and passion, but you may not know that the color, number, and how roses are combined have coded meanings.

One red rose means I like you.

——————————

Alberu wanted to bang his head on something hard.

"We will head to the Eastern continent after the meal."

Dear Sun God up above or God of Death or whichever God is listening right now, please take MY SOUL-

"...Are you still not fully awake yet?" Alberu was flabbergasted, to say the least.

It took 2 weeks (two whole weeks and seven hours!) for this red haired young noble in front of him to wake up, and he wanted to work already?!

And he had the gall to tell Alberu that he wanted a SLACKER LIFE?!

There's no other explanation, Alberu told himself, there must be something wrong with his head!

But then Cale talked about the Mercenary King's healing power while looking at Eruhaben.

Alberu nearly glared at the Young Master Silver Shield.

"I plan on this being a short trip. I have no desire to start round two with the White Star right now," Cale quickly said when he noticed Alberu's distaste. "I just plan to chat with the Mercenary King and bring back his healing power."

Alberu didn't say anything, prompting Cale to elaborate further.

"I will return as quickly as possible to help with the work in the Empire. I don't plan to take a lot of people and will only take the minimum number of people so there shouldn't be any extra work for the remaining people."

Cale nodded at Alberu, "That is why I think you can head back now as well, your highness. I will thank you for this ev-"

"Haaaa."

Alberu could only sigh in frustration. He threw the documents he was looking over in favor of brushing his face with both of his hands.

I really can't understand him at all, he thought with a frown.

The punk who was unconscious for over two weeks wants to move as soon as he woke up to get a healing power for a Dragon?

Perhaps he did understand. It took him a lot of energy and willpower, but he did. The battle against such strong enemies was fought by the people he knew personally and they had won with little to no casualties. Cale was the only one who needed urgent care, and even if it took 2 weeks there was no other damage done.

Alberu had seen the way Cale's comrades (and perhaps his, too?) cared for him while he was unconscious. The two Dragons had pretty much lived by the bed.

It was no wonder that Cale's priorities upon waking up would be his people.

"Cale."

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"What did you say your dream was?"

"Being a slacker, your highness."

Alberu started to frown after hearing that casual response.

Selfless, Alberu's mind whispered. Cale did so much for others, and in return, he just wanted to rest. Slacker life, Cale would say.

How could this man be so similar to Alberu and yet so different?

"I will definitely let you be a slacker," Alberu responded in an annoyed tone as Cale flinched after seeing Alberu's frowning face and serious gaze.

It really irked him when Cale's face suddenly brightened up.