⋆˚ఎ 𝟐𝟐 ໒˚⋆

Beomgyu anxiously paws the ground with his foot while his hands moved from one station to another in quick motions. He was currently preparing the strawberry milkshake the last client had ordered and was having a little bit of difficulty because this specific milkshake was house exclusive and very hard to make. But Beomgyu surprises himself when he sees that the final product is almost flawless.

"There you go," Beomgyu whispers as he gives the drink to the small girl behind the counter "It will be three pounds."

She was wearing a medium white skirt and an enormous brown coat that almost swallowed her entire body and on her head were these exquisite pink hair clips that somehow added personality to her look. She kindly smiles and places the coins on the ravenette's open hand, her cheeks slightly burning because of the embarrassment. Beomgyu doesn't seem to notice her pinky finger that brushed into his own intentionally, in a smooth way to get his attention. Acknowledging that his mind was somewhere else, she decides to ignore the sudden attraction she felt towards him and leaves the café after giving him one last sympathetic smile.

The short random girl was right, Beomgyu's head was totally out of place. Today was one of those days where he had no clue about what to do or how to handle his own life. University was going worst than he thought it would be. In Daegu, Beomgyu had endured three long years of high school with the best grades just so that he could get into the biology department of Seul National Universitythe, one of the most prestigious universities for those who desire to work in big investigation labs and discover intriguing new things about life. But not everything seemed good about moving to Seoul.

His house was about two hours and a half from the university, so he had to rent a small apartment in the city to reduce the expenses of returning home every night. And it would've been great if he rented a place all by himself, but dreams were dreams and god must really hate Beomgyu because the day he was admitted to Seoul's university, his father got fired. Deciding it would be best to look for a job in a big city, his father forced his way into Beomgyu's plans and now they share an apartment only a few miles away from the ravenette's university.

Beomgyu was forced to work to pay for his school expenses and most of the house bills and that surely contributed to him having medium grades and almost failing all of his exams. But somehow he always got the minimum score to pass, as if faith was giving him a sign not to give up and bare with the pain a little bit longer.

But enduring pain was normal for Beomgyu who was followed every day by his lonely and painful thoughts and tired and shy personality. So why was he all anxious for? The answer was simple: his dad.

His dad is drunk again. Beomgyu could sense it the moment he entered his house to grab his work's uniform, the moment he heard a small grunt and soon had to dodge a bottle that was aiming for his face. Only if Beomgyu wasn't the cautious person he was, that bottle would've done a mess on his face and probably his eyes. This aggressive behavior didn't happen every day, tho. Just sometimes, but enough for Beomgyu to understand that it wasn't safe to return home tonight.

Slowly wiping the counter with an iconic pink tissue, Beomgyu's bored eyes fall onto the café's chocolate brown door as he imagines himself getting out of there and never coming back. He visualizes his ideal future life: a well and healthy man, surely stronger and more well built than he is now, with his hair shorter and wearing a lab coat while working with other people that shared the same interests as him. An image that gave him peace and soon his leg stopped shaking. It was in the middle of his daydream when the door chimed, signaling a new arrival.

Beomgyu focused on the two customers that had just entered the place and it takes him less than two seconds to instantly turn his body around and stand at the corner as if he was part of the wall itself.