035

Elena began wrapping up her wounds that was given to her the day before as she grabbed her phone. Unfortunately Shinso had his written exam now in the morning so he had to go earlier.

She put her uniform on and grabbed her bag. She took some pills for her massive headache, along with a bottle of water since she was pretty dehydrated. Making her way down the stairs, she knew that her father was either asleep, or he wasn't home. Elena was slightly suspicious of his disappearance. He has been out of the house more lately, and it was odd. However her mother was up and standing. Well, partly.

"Oh, Elena dear! Here, I made you some lunch!" Her mother said, giving her a bag with food in it. "Uh, first off, we have lunch at school. And second, is it poisoned?" Elena asked, holding the bag with just her index finger and thumb, as if it was a ticking time bomb.

"Of course n-not! I j-just wanted to be nice for once." Her mother said, obviously drunk.

Elena sighed and put the food in her bag before patting her mother on the shoulder. "I'll take my leave now. Make sure you take care of yourself." Elena said, lowly but it was audible. Her mother's eyes glimmered as she smiled with tears. "Of c-course." She said before she closed the door after Elena.

Karla was never a real mother figure to Elena. But of course, Elena couldn't help but pity her mother. All she wanted was for someone to love her. She had an abusive husband, a fucked up job, and was drunk 80% of the time. Her mother was never aggressive towards her though, except for the insults that were thrown at Elena. But Elena believed that she only said the things she did because of her father. Karla's quirk was pretty good, but not enough to stand up to Junichiro.

Karla's quirk gave her the ability to emit a pink-black goo around her body. It could immobilize a person if she touched them with it. It works like Stain's quirk, they won't be able to move for awhile. But it depends on their blood type for how long they can remain in the paralyzed state. Blood type B has them paralyzed for about 15 minutes and so on. She used the quirk on Junichiro once because he had hit her, but he only used his own quirk on her and had her hurt even more than he did. Ever since then, she never used her quirk again.

———————

"Everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing your stories about training camp.." Mina cried as Elena entered the classroom.

Hence having a horrible night with many downs, she never failed to smile once she entered the classroom. "W-we don't know for sure yet! There might be a last minute twist!" Midoriya tried to calm them down. Elena walked up to Kirishima and hugged him, patting his head. "I'm sure you will all come either way. You still did great on the exam." Elena said, smiling gently.

The group seemed to feel comfort at her smile. Elena watched as Denki whined while Midoriya held his eyes after having them poked. She laughed at the gesture before going to her desk, sitting down as she faced Bakugo. "Hey my favorite train~" Elena teased, poking his head. Bakugo looked up, with a sleepy look on his face. Elena felt something in her stomach at the sight. 'He looks adorable!' She thought.

He simply looked at her for a brief second before looking back down. "I'm too tired to deal with you, Elena." Bakugo said, shocking Elena. "Did you just-" She began saying. "Yes. See what I mean? Too tired." Bakugo grumbled. Just then the door to the classroom opened up, revealing Aizawa.

"Once the bell rings, get in your seats." Aizawa said, the whole class immediately went back to their seats, sitting straight. Elena sat up straight, nudging Bakugo with her quirk, helping him sit up straight.

"Morning. Unfortunately, there are those who did not pass the final exams. Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods...everyone's going!" Aizawa finished, smiling evilly as the group that failed began whining at his twist. Elena laughed as she turned around. She put a thumbs up at Kirishima, smiling. "We can go too?!" Kirishima asked, smiling in happiness.